Can I revert to sermon to the day before?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Pastor Mark Sage | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 20 2021 8:34 AM

Don't how to make this clear - but I worked on a sermon all day yesterday, pressed sync like normal and no error message.  Went to church to work on it today, and it wouldn't update. I brought my laptop with me (usually don't) and opened the sermon, and it was there like a left it and decided to work on it.  Then while I was working it updated to the Title and reference only which where I had started it at the day before.  

Is there a way to revert to a few hours before, from a history or something, like Evernote does?

THanks,

Mark

Posts 25202
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 8:57 AM

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear this - that sounds really frustrating.

As fellow users we can’t do anything to restore to an earlier version but Faithlife customer services might be able to. I suggest you contact them and see if they can help in any way.

Contact details are at https://www.logos.com/contact 

Graham 

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 9:14 AM

Pastor Mark Sage:
but I worked on a sermon all day yesterday, pressed sync like normal and no error message.

Why did you feel this was necessary, assuming you mean the sync 'wheel' to the left of the Layouts menu?

Pastor Mark Sage:
Went to church to work on it today, and it wouldn't update.

Please explain because your next sentence says you were working on it and it "updated to the Title and reference".

Pastor Mark Sage:
it updated to the Title and reference only which where I had started it at the day before.  

Was the laptop connected to the internet at church? Have you connected to the internet since?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11
Pastor Mark Sage | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 9:30 AM

I always try to press sync if I’m walking out the door from my laptop and will likely work on a sermon at church.  In the past, if I close my laptop (MacBook Pro) right away, it may not have uploaded the very last update. 

To the second question, what I mean is I had started with a title and a reference (I’m working my way through Colossians at the Midweek Bible Study) and I have had the already preplanned and saved.  I worked on the sermon/Bible study for several hours yesterday on my laptop.  Even this morning I opened my laptop to just make sure that I had given it a chance to sync. It was still there.  When I came to church it was still showing only the Title and reference like before I started working on it the day before.  Then I saw that it was still syncing and I closed the document and gave it five minutes to update (It had been since Sunday since I worked in the church office).  When I came back to it, it was still the same.  So, I grabbed my laptop out of the car, and opened it, and my outline was open and I started to work on it, and then it reverted back (midstream while I was working on it) to the original title and reference only.  Yes, the laptop connects automatically at church. I've been reworking the sermon so I'm probably past where I was before, but if there is a way to find this function if I ever have the problem again, that would be great.  I've been using the software for about a year after transitioning from Wordsearch, I'm really loving it, except this morning! LOL.
Posts 49
LogosEmployee
Austin Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2021 11:33 AM

Pastor Mark,

I'm very sorry you experienced this unfortunate situation.  Just as of last week, our development team actually was able to identify the cause of this type of case and we are actively addressing it.  We feel good about a fix that is going to run through a beta test here very shortly.  

In addition to the bug fix, our team is also looking into the best way to implement a revision history feature within Sermon Builder.  We are aiming to release that this Fall. 

Again, I apologize for this but I do appreciate you reaching out and sharing this information.  The users that have helped talk about their specific scenarios have greatly assisted us in arriving at the necessary solution.

Posts 1
Willem Myburgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2021 1:37 AM

The "revision history feature" would be great. I'm eagerly looking forward to it!

However, just today I experienced the exact same sync issue: all my work on a second computer is gone and is like I started the day before on a different computer - the same one all my hard work ended up in vain in the end after syncing! I'm using 9.7 SR-1 (9.7.0.0025)

I suspect the fix you mentioned is not yet released right?

Posts 2174
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2021 8:09 PM

In case you missed it, revision history is now available to test on the Logos web app. Check it out, and let us know what you think.

Posts 11
Pastor Mark Sage | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2021 6:18 AM

Cool, thanks for the update, figuratively and literally!  
Mark Sage

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS