Linking Book notes with Scripture verse notes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Brother Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 22 2021 8:45 AM

Greetings

I am new to LOGO's.

I have Logo's Silver v9.6.0.0024

Taking things in reverse order, e.g.Book before Bible in this case.

Lets say I am reading a book on 'End Times' and taking notes

The notes from the book are saved and scripture references are Anchored to a specific note.

So far the book notes link to the scriptures, but the scriptures do not show a link to the book.

I can add a link from the scriptures to Notes but end up with two separate notes rather than one.

Is there a way I can link them or have one note linking the Book and the Scripture verses which are later visible from all three locations?

Thank you for any help you can provide. There is a lot to learn but I am really impressed by the software.

Blessings

Posts 27240
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2021 12:06 PM

Welcome Brother Paul,

Brother Paul:
Is there a way I can link them or have one note linking the Book and the Scripture verses which are later visible from all three locations?

From a Note on a book you can use Anchors (Add anchor) to link to as many scripture References as you want, and you will then have a link from the scriptures (bibles) to the Note on the book.

Is this what you wanted?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 7
Brother Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2021 12:45 PM

Thank you for the welcome Dave and for your prompt reply to my post.

I did add scripture anchors to the book notes, but when i looking at the scriptures, I didn't see any markers as I do when I add a note to a Bible  verse.

I will check again tomorrow. (UK)

Bless you 

Posts 7
Brother Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 11:54 AM

Hello Dave

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I tried to check the links in an area where there were so many, it still appeared to be missing the anchor when looking back at scripture, so I chose a small passage with no links at all (yet).

I chose to read from Herbert Lockyers, All the Miracles in the Bible, but specifically The Miracle of Walking on the Water as it is a simple, self explatatory section of scripture. Herbert only quotes 4 scriptures so it again was a very easy item to set up and check.

Working from the BOOK, I take a first NOTE, with it are 3 scriptures, (Matthew 14:22-36; Mark 6:45-54; John 6:15-21) which I add as ANCHORS to the NOTE from the BOOK. Although I didn't need to dothis as these references were already noted in the NKJV, I continued as I wanted to check BOOK NOTES, and ANCHORS from scripture once in place.

I then added another reference Herbert makes... Three hours after midnight they were still in the midst of the lake, about half way across, and, as the record says, “distressed in rowing” (Mark 6:48), and included Mark 6:48 as an ANCHOR in a separate NOTE from the BOOK.

Job done, ready to check the links from the Bible.

I had open the NKJV and the NIV Bibles throughout, I looked at Matt 14, Mark 6, John 6 for a link from the verses to NOTES previously made that had anchors. None of them had any link back to the notes.

As a final check I linked a scripture from the Bible to NOTES, that worked perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong Dave, is there a setting stopping this working, or is there a software issue here?

Thanks for any help provided, I am most grateful.

Paul

Posts 7
Brother Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 12:54 PM

Hello Dave,

All sorted, found 'my' error.

I had hilighted a note and included my notes, I had not clicked NOTE. Sad

Once I realised I created a note, clicking NOTE, included the Anchors and PTL it works

Many thanks for your help and time.

Bless you

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS