BUG! Logos hangs or crashes after printing/exporting from a book

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Benson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 22 2021 6:12 PM

I encounter this situation numerous times. It is happens with a book Biblical Greek Made Simple by H. Daniel Zacharias.

After accessing the "Print/Export" function, regardless of whether I actually print or export anything, the program will stall when I scroll to the exercises sections of the book. It doesn't matter what I was trying to print or export. After selecting "Print/Export" and closing it, as soon as I scroll to the exercises section, it stalls and I have to restart the program. If I try to print/export again, the program shuts down on its own.

This has happened to at least one of my students. We use Mac.
Posts 33234
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 7:45 PM

bump 6 in hopes it will get an appropriate response

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2021 3:14 PM

Welcome Benson,

Benson:

It is happens with a book Biblical Greek Made Simple by H. Daniel Zacharias.

After accessing the "Print/Export" function, regardless of whether I actually print or export anything, the program will stall when I scroll to the exercises sections of the book.

It does not happen in Windows, so we need some logs.

One suggestion is to right-click the resource in Library and select "Remove from this device". Restart Logos and then click "Download" in the right-click menu. This should give you a new file for the resource.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3
Benson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2021 12:28 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for suggesting to remove and re-download. I tried that. It did not solve the problem. 

I also realise Windows users do not face this issue. Seems to be unique to macOS

How do I send you logs?

Posts 3620
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2021 9:11 AM

Benson:

I encounter this situation numerous times. It is happens with a book Biblical Greek Made Simple by H. Daniel Zacharias.

After accessing the "Print/Export" function, regardless of whether I actually print or export anything, the program will stall when I scroll to the exercises sections of the book. It doesn't matter what I was trying to print or export. After selecting "Print/Export" and closing it, as soon as I scroll to the exercises section, it stalls and I have to restart the program. If I try to print/export again, the program shuts down on its own.

This has happened to at least one of my students. We use Mac.

Hi Benson,

I've filed a bug report for this.

Posts 3
Benson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 5:50 AM

Thank you. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS