L9 Bible Engagement Project BP ... any good?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2002
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 23 2021 9:54 PM

Anyone have bought any of the new Bible Engagement Project BP? What do you think?

And I noticed this BP doesn't have any academic discount.

https://www.logos.com/product/209877/logos-9-platinum-bible-engagement-project

Posts 27853
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 4:38 PM

mike:
What do you think?

The discount is very good - similar to Base Packages when originally offered, but the "fluff" appears to be reduced (in Silver) i.e. better overall quality of product.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2021 12:03 AM

It's a dirt cheap way to acquire the course books and some other useful references. I leveraged the dynamic pricing purchase method to shave about 20% off acquiring everything. The extra bucks I saved paid for an Apologetics Library expansion.

I serve in a little church that is affiliated with the Assemblies. I'm not the pastor and I don't play one on TV But I have a lot of the same responsibilities and I thought this will let me better fill in if they need me to do it by reviewing everything.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2021 12:10 AM

mab:
It's a dirt cheap way to acquire the course books and some other useful references.

Agree Silver is a dirt cheap way for picking up Berean School of the Bible Digital Courses (27 courses) | Logos Bible Software if this set of course books is of interest to you.

For me picking up silver gave me everything in Platinum I didn't have at a cheaper price than if I had purchased Platinum.

Posts 2002
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2021 8:30 PM

How are the resources? Do you guys find them helpful in certain way?

I'm just unsure where these resources would fill the gap in my library, as I don't want to buy this just because "it's cheap" only. 

Posts 35555
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2021 8:47 PM

mike:

How are the resources? Do you guys find them helpful in certain way?

Last I checked I wasn't a guy ... how they are useful is dependent upon your own theology and study interests. For myself, the actual denominational positions papers are highly valued. In addition, as there is a member of the Assembly of God church in my social circle, I find it useful to learn how NOT to put my foot in myself. Plus it provides accurate information for developing apologetics.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8925
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2021 3:55 AM

I only bought the bronze package because the silver and up contain some of the NICNT volumes I own.  That means if I purchase it my entire NICNT will get locked (even the NICOT since I bought it as a full set) because of dynamic pricing and I wouldn’t be able to sell it in the future and if I did, I would have to sell the whole thing along with God knows what else, so no thanks! Dynamic pricing is becoming a big curse the bigger your library gets!  So I may just be buying Full Features upgrades from now on.  I can see the blessing of getting a discount but I also see the huge curse when some of the resources I own, parts of them get included in a dynamically priced package like these ones.

So unless it’s something I need I will finally get a break from investing in Logos too much! 👍😁👌 Just my opinion, but there’s something no so ethical about dynamic pricing because at the end of the day as customers we won’t really benefit from it and would be forced to sell more than we bargained for, if that makes sense 🤔

DAL

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2021 10:42 AM

I emailed Global University just in case I thought I would ever want a sheepskin to go with the set. It's actually a pretty cheap way to get a Bible college education if you want one. For now, I think I will just review the material.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 264
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2021 4:09 AM

DIsciple II:

mab:
It's a dirt cheap way to acquire the course books and some other useful references.

Agree Silver is a dirt cheap way for picking up Berean School of the Bible Digital Courses (27 courses) | Logos Bible Software if this set of course books is of interest to you.

For me picking up silver gave me everything in Platinum I didn't have at a cheaper price than if I had purchased Platinum.

I did the same, considering the dynamic pricing, I paid less than I would have to buy the 5 remaining courses I need for the ordination courses I need. 

Posts 1632
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 2:23 PM

I purchased the Bronze for $26 and got 49 new books, most of which are good commentaries and high-quality books on the Holy Spirit... Wow!

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2021 5:00 PM

Hi Mike:

I did get the package, but maybe if the different learn curricula (or at least the adult one) were available as an actual resource that came with the package, it would probably would be a superb deal.

But as happens with most offers of the kind, no curriculum, then independent self learners are left with a random approach to understanding the importance and reason de etre of the content provided, and its relationship and practical adaptations in real life out of it.

At least that is the way that the whole set up comes across to me.

Posts 5042
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2021 10:08 AM

DIsciple II:

mab:

I'm curious about these courses... how are they? Do they have a particular theology perspective like Pentecostal, Dispensational, etc?

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2021 3:07 PM

Mattillo:
I'm curious about these courses... how are they? Do they have a particular theology perspective like Pentecostal, Dispensational, etc?

Assemblies of God which is Pentecostal.

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2021 7:55 PM

Hi Mab:

I spent some time checking the web site of Global University:

https://globaluniversity.edu

https://globaluniversity.edu/academics/continuing-education/

https://globaluniversity.edu/academics/evangelism-discipleship/

Puts in perspective the Berean School resources in the Bible engagement project (BEP) package.

Lots of good stuff, together with the facilitator manual for listen, learn, live curriculum of the BEP clarifies a lot the progressive training levels.

There are some elements in their curriculum that does not clearly show when should it be studied, at the beginning or at the end:

https://www.thegreatquestionsoflife.org/lesson_1.html

So in my view, for independent study (individual), the information together with the BEP package are great to start self-directed study, in the sense that the parts that one does not agree with can be replaced with other resources in L9 that are more in agreement with our accepted beliefs.

I would complement the study with series like this one:

https://www.logos.com/product/49407/beginners-guide-series

So as one mix and matches areas to suit one's needs, the overall approach ain't that bad.I can even see adding more philosophical content, more mission details, precept inductive framework of [LIfe, charcter and lifestyle] etc. to make it more well-rounded curriculum.

Very particular view of mine for further research, reflection and constructive comments.

Peace and grace.

Posts 2526
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2021 8:35 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/209877/logos-9-platinum-bible-engagement-project

The link is broken for me.  It starts to load and then until I scroll down, and then: "Aw, snap!"

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2021 1:27 AM

GaoLu:

Strange - it works for me using Safari on Mac

Posts 2526
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2021 5:44 AM

Fixed! 

It works fine now. Thanks.

Seems to have been the $99 Courses popup that killed it.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS