BUG: In PG, Era "--" appears when empty

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5579
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 26 2021 11:12 AM

Verbum 9.7 Beta 2. Windows 10.

1. Run a Passage Guide on any Scripture passage for which all of your applicable Bible Commentaries have received an Era classification.
  2. With the Era facet open, expand the era "--" and see that there are no results.

The Era "--" should not appear at all when there are no results. Other eras appear to behave properly when they are not applicable.

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2021 3:32 PM

SineNomine:
The Era "--" should not appear at all when there are no results.

I cannot reproduce this in Beta 2 on Windows 10.

For Ex 13:1-2, I have 3 Commentaries sections and one has no Era "--" whilst the other two have commentaries listed under "--".

This passage had been run prior to knowing about this issue.

James 5:1-6 yielded similar results i.e. The Era "--" does not appear when there are no results.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5579
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2021 8:23 AM

Dave Hooton:

SineNomine:
The Era "--" should not appear at all when there are no results.

I cannot reproduce this in Beta 2 on Windows 10.

Dave Hooton:
James 5:1-6 yielded similar results i.e. The Era "--" does not appear when there are no results.

This bug may only occur on specific passages or it may be connected somehow to particular resources. I can reproduce it in parts of John (e.g., John 1) that have no "--" results, but cannot on James 5:1-6. Can you reproduce it using passages from John?

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2021 3:37 PM

Finally, I was able to get a blank result under Era "--" with Acts 2:1-16 in my Minor Commentaries collection, but Nicene was also blank! The count of resources shown elsewhere under Era was correct, so these entries should never have been shown.

Under Denomination, Eeerdman's Companion to the Bible was listed as Pentecostal and Baptist. Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary was listed as Anglican and Presbyterian but the full Matthew Henry's Commentary was only Presbyterian. But no commentary was listed under Patristic!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5579
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2021 8:28 AM

Dave Hooton:
Finally, I was able to get a blank result under Era "--" with Acts 2:1-16 in my Minor Commentaries collection, but Nicene was also blank! The count of resources shown elsewhere under Era was correct, so these entries should never have been shown.

But no commentary was listed under Patristic!

So BUG confirmed. Sometimes Verbum/Logos shows categories that have no results.

Dave Hooton:
Under Denomination, Eeerdman's Companion to the Bible was listed as Pentecostal and Baptist. Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary was listed as Anglican and Presbyterian but the full Matthew Henry's Commentary was only Presbyterian.

Reporting issues of that kind at https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates will get them fixed.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS