Zondervan Academic Sale collection pricing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1145
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 26 2021 7:29 PM

https://www.logos.com/zondervan-academic-sale

The collection page unfortunately doesn't show which titles are owned and the pricing mentioned on the sales page doesn't work out when you have dynamic pricing:

Buy individual Zondervan Academic resources for $8.99, or get them all for just $7.19 a volume—that’s over 70% off.

If I divide the total of my dynamic price by $7.19 I get 32.776077... books which obviously doesn't work. It seems that I don't have 31 of the books which works out to $7.60 each. Not a big difference but a real pain to work out.

Posts 441
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2021 8:59 PM

While waiting for the needed breakout of the collection, the 2 Advances books and the Rhetorical one are all excellent.

Posts 19387
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2021 9:35 PM

Tom Reynolds:

Concur Zondervan Academic Research Library (50 vols.) does not yet show the 50 Zondervan Academic resources, which are on the https://www.logos.com/zondervan-academic-sale web page (five "featured" resources are followed by 50 volumes, with "featured" ones repeated) so "Add to Cart" shows unowned.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1137
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2021 10:26 PM

I added all the ones that I could and ended up with 14 in my cart and noted the price. Then I added the collection and noted it was a few dollars cheaper. I bought that for $136.20, which works out to $9.73 each. I'm guessing you have to purchase all 50 to get the cheapest price.

Posts 8346
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2021 6:27 AM

I only chose 7 of them.  2 dictionaries,  3 Reading ____ in context, Essays in Honor of Moo and Prepositions and Theology in the Greek book.

DAL

Posts 441
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 11:28 AM

DMB:

While waiting for the needed breakout of the collection, the 2 Advances books and the Rhetorical one are all excellent.

Apparently, this sale is still going. And I'd again recommend these 3 resources, especially if you're an OL enthusiast but not an OL expert.

The Advances volumes sound like they're the last few years, but more like the last century or so. As a result, they 'touch base' with your Logos library, quite a bit. Indeed, the diachrony discussion of hebrew spent a lot of time on a separate resource about diachrony of hebrew. I wondered if Logos sold it (yes) ... and even worse, I own it. Oh great .... side by side comparison!

Whether it be Andersen Forbes discussion, or Steve Runge and discourse (see example below), $7 per volume is a nice match to a Logos OL library.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS