LSB Update mentions Logos

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 6 2021 6:27 AM

I get LSB updates by email and saw this paragraph in the one I got on Aug 5th-

Looks promising for sooner rather than later availability (maybe).

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 740
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2021 8:05 AM

Hi - do you mean the LSB or LSV

There is a Literal Standard Version (2020) - based on the Young’s Literal Translation - see https://lsbible.org

or there is also a Legacy Standard Bible (2021 - 2022) - pormpted with the Lockman foundation by John Macarthur - see https://www.lsvbible.com

Personally intersted in both.

Shalom

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2021 8:46 AM

LSB = LSB.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 9016
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2021 11:23 AM

Doc B:

LSB = LSB.

https://lsbible.org/ 

DAL

Posts 2085
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2021 2:14 AM

Doc B:
LSB = LSB.

Coming soon:  LSD = Liberal Standard Derivation

Windows 10 (L9 Beta [Dark Mode most of the time]) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 2
Zach Lutterman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2021 8:03 AM

I like your optimism!

...I may not share it, but I like it.

Posts 5082
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2021 5:28 PM

New update tonight from newsletter

• Future DIGITAL Editions of the LSB

• We are done with the work on the cross references, footnotes and Strong’s numbers that are included in the master database for the LSB. A meta-data company will filter through the file and then minor updates will occur. After that work is completed we will have a file to begin typesetting reference editions and a file that can be used for programmers to begin their work on digital editions. We expect several of the Bible software apps and websites to begin making the LSB available by the end of the first quarter of 2022. Until then, you can read the LSB at read.bible.org.

Posts 5082
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:38 PM

New blog update 

The company that reviews the metadata for the Master LSB file which contains footnotes, cross references, etc is continuing their work into February. We appreciate your patience as this important work is intended to maintain consistency across all digital formats of the LSB.  As of today, our best estimate is that some of these digital platforms will be able to release the LSB before Easter.

Posts 3336
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:50 PM

I own a hard copy of the LSB, have been evaluating it, seems to be a good translation. I also have a copy of the Preachers Bible, but it is NASB95. I have not started utilizing it yet, I have maintained my habit of printing out a copy of the book I'm working on giving it 1" x 3" margins for notes, currently it is in the ESV.

Posts 9016
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2022 5:10 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I own a hard copy of the LSB, have been evaluating it, seems to be a good translation. I also have a copy of the Preachers Bible, but it is NASB95. I have not started utilizing it yet, I have maintained my habit of printing out a copy of the book I'm working on giving it 1" x 3" margins for notes, currently it is in the ESV.

I didn’t find anything special with “the preacher‘s Bible.” I didn’t see any outlines or introductions at CBD. Why is it called the preacher’s Bible?

DAL

Posts 3336
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 31 2022 8:37 PM

DAL:

Whyndell Grizzard:

I didn’t find anything special with “the preacher‘s Bible.” I didn’t see any outlines or introductions at CBD. Why is it called the preacher’s Bible?

DAL

its designed for you to create your own- 

Posts 2844
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2022 12:10 PM

Latest info from the company regarding digital resource for Logos

The company that reviews the metadata for the Master LSB file which contains footnotes, cross references, etc is continuing their work into February. We appreciate your patience as this important work is intended to maintain consistency across all digital formats of the LSB.  As of today, our best estimate is that some of these digital platforms will be able to release the LSB before Easter.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 26 2022 7:39 PM

I really am looking forward to this coming out, and I will be buying it immediately. I hope that Logos does eventually make a reverse interlinear. I would suggest just making the plain text available to purchase now maybe as a "preorder" for the full reverse interlinear. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 9016
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2022 6:45 PM

Well, I just downloaded my LSB with notes and strong’s numbering for free in my Accordance Bible mobile and desktop app 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 2844
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2022 9:43 PM

You can add a bookmark to L9 to use the website. Free and accesible.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 3514
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2022 1:27 PM

DAL:

Well, I just downloaded my LSB with notes and strong’s numbering for free in my Accordance Bible mobile and desktop app 👍😁👌

DAL

Good grief. 

Posts 635
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2022 4:35 PM

You can also get it for free on your iPad fro the App Store.

Posts 9016
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2022 6:10 PM

Randall Cue:

You can also get it for free on your iPad fro the App Store.

So I guess when it makes it to Logos it’ll also be free?

DAL

Posts 35782
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2022 6:42 PM

DAL:

As long as you want no tagging whatsoever, FL might oblige and eat the overhead costs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3514
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2022 7:16 PM

MJ. Smith:

DAL:

As long as you want no tagging whatsoever, FL might oblige and eat the overhead costs.

Yep. Definitely want tagging and an RI

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS