Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 638
xnman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2021 7:26 PM

Since Logos acquired WordSearch... and ZipScript is part of WordSearch...  then I would gander that ZipScript should be available to all Logos users.

And I suggest.... that if you don't have Zipscript and can get it.... by all means get it!  Believe me it's worth it!!

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 34372
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2021 8:58 PM

Not being a WordSearch user I may misunderstand but I thought ZipScript was a utility to run instead of WordSearch.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 638
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2021 5:45 AM

ZipScript was a utility to run with WordSearch.  Now it runs with Logos... 

I have it to load automatically when I start my computer. I use it that much.  I specifically use it with Notes and Sermon Builder in Logos. I use it with MS Word, Excel, and with Powerpoint.

I set it up so that I hit "Ctrl+shift+Z" and ZipScript pops up... I enter the passage I want to insert into my document, press enter, and walla.... the passage appears in the document I am working with. You can change the format of the way you want the passage to appear although the choices are limited. You can also change the "keys" to call it up. 

I have not found anything that ZipScript won't work with.

But I find it enhances the programs that I do work with. And it sure beats "copy and paste" !!

But that's one man's opinion....  Big Smile

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 34372
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2021 1:19 PM

Thanks for the explanation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2021 6:09 AM

Wait, what? 

I am still using ZipScript, but I always assumed it worked because I had WordSearch installed on my PC.

Do you have WordSearch installed on your PC? Or is ZipScript pulling the data from Logos?

If it's pulling the content from Logos, this is GREAT news. 

Posts 1
Mike Lechtenberger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2021 7:06 AM

Zipscript only works if Wordsearch is installed and has bibles in it.  Even though Zipscript runs outside of Wordsearch it still needs it installed.  It does not work with Logos.

Posts 10
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2021 7:22 AM

It's kind of funny, when I emailed logos support about what to do when WordSearch was retired, they offered this alternative method.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.      Click Tools > Passage > Copy Bible Verses   2.      Type a passage or pericope in the Reference box and press Enter, or first choose a pericope and passage from the suggested matches that display while typing. Users can type multiple passages separated by a semicolon, for example gen1.1; jn1.1–3.   3.      Choose a style from the list (Fully Formatted is the default).   4.      Choose a Bible version from the list.   5.      Choose a program from the program list.   6.      Click the Copy and Paste button, if available, to copy the text and paste it automatically into the document.   7.      If Copy and Paste is greyed out, click Copy to copy the text, open the desired program and document, and paste the text using the commands appropriate to the destination program.

~~~~~~~~~~~ I'll probably retire from ministry before I learn to love that. Wink
Posts 638
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2021 2:39 PM

As for me....  I pray Logos will adapt ZipScript to work with Logos. It would be a huge lose to lose that utility. 

Posts 10
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2021 4:42 PM

I will join you in this prayer!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS