Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1270
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2022 6:07 PM

Andrew Batishko:

xnman:
But can you get it to work in PowerPoint or email or etc. etc.???

Yes. It's not specific to Word. It's a system-level shortcut. From the Help manual:

Ctrl+Alt+B – Global shortcut to open Copy Bible Verses tool in a floating window from any Windows application (if Logos is running).

Ok... what am I doing wrong???   I open Powerpoint... create a new slide and click on a text box.... then do CTRL+ALT+B... type in my verse.... and press enter......

Next thing that happens..... MS Word opens up with a blank page with the verse I wanted pasted in it. But Powerpoint did not have the verse pasted into it.

My conclusion..... Ctrl+Alt+B only works with MS Word.

Edit #1: I found the problem.... you have to change "to Microsoft Word" to whatever you are pasting to. And looks like choices are limited.

So looks like it is a work around.... Thanks for letting me know about it.

Edit #2:  I'm sorely gonna miss ZipScript when it's gone. (sniff, sniff... whaaaa Crying)

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 3576
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2022 7:09 PM

xnman:
And looks like choices are limited.
What other apps do you suggest it include?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 1270
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2022 3:55 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

xnman:
And looks like choices are limited.
What other apps do you suggest it include?

How about Excel, Logos Sermon Builder, etc. (I know Sermon Builder has a "way" of adding passages... so just saying).

With ZipScript.... well it just works with everything. Don't have to choose.

If "Ctrl-Alt-B" could be made to work with the currently opened file, regardless of the file (no choosing file types), then we would have ZipScript in Logos....  Bingo, Bango, Bongo!!! What a world that would be!!!

But.... if you haven't guessed....  I'm a bit of a dreamer! Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 538
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2022 4:51 AM

I just tried it in Excel and it worked. Just select "other" as the place to send it and it copies the verse to the clipboard so Ctl-V pastes it into your document.

Posts 1270
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2022 5:39 PM

Nord Zootman:

I just tried it in Excel and it worked. Just select "other" as the place to send it and it copies the verse to the clipboard so Ctl-V pastes it into your document.

Thanks.... I had not tried "other".... But I'll play with it now.

Thanks again!

P,S, Yes it works.... But ZipScript is smoother.... open Zip... type in passage and press enter.... Bingo, Bango, Bongo!

As long as I have Zip.... I'll use it. THEN go to Ctrl-Alt-B....

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 5
David Parks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2022 11:40 AM

My Zip script still works on my desktop because it already had Wordsearch Bible installed. But I purchased a laptop and there is no way to install Zip Script on the laptop because Logos has taken the Wordsearch Bible Download offline. And. If I ever have to reinstall windows on my desktop, I'll lose Zip Script on it too. I wish Logos would allow us to  reinstall Wordsearch Bibles so we could reinstall Zip Script.

Posts 36372
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2022 11:43 AM

xnman:
I'm sorely gonna miss ZipScript when it's gone.

As I miss Houdini ... one of the first hypertext tools. I strongly suspect that ZipScript was not included in the legal documents related to the purchase of WordSearch.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
David Parks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2022 11:06 PM

You get a new computer. Now you can't use Zip Script because you can't install Wordsearch Bible on your new computer. I have found a work around. On your old computer copy the folder C:\ProgramData\Wordsearch. Paste it to your new computer. Copy zipscript.exe from \C:\Program Files (x86)\Wordsearch 12 and paste it to your new computer. Worked for me. Maybe it will work for you.

Posts 9180
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2022 8:09 AM

The death of Zscript is coming soon, unless Logos implements a feature identical to it by enhancing copy verse. Maybe create a copy verse feature named “Zscript mode.” Otherwise, goodbye to Zscript, you served a lot of people well 👏

DAL

Posts 20
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2022 9:20 AM

David Parks:

You get a new computer. Now you can't use Zip Script because you can't install Wordsearch Bible on your new computer. I have found a work around. On your old computer copy the folder C:\ProgramData\Wordsearch. Paste it to your new computer. Copy zipscript.exe from \C:\Program Files (x86)\Wordsearch 12 and paste it to your new computer. Worked for me. Maybe it will work for you.

David - does your new computer have Wordsearch installed?

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS