Definition of Woman found in the Counseling Theme

Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 83 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1179
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:04 PM

Beloved Amodeo:
How would you counsel her? Edit: And how would you define her?

Ok, Beloved. I didn't know that.  My apologies.

But regarding your question, I'm the wrong one to query. If the Text (the Holy Spirit) doesn't speak to the question, then there's the answer.  I put considerable more trust in the Holy Spirit, vs the churchmen and their vote-a-sin habits.

But you have a good example for FL's consideration.

Posts 3314
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:07 PM

Denise, no need to apologize. We're good we've always been good. I don't expect us always to agree.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 3314
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:13 PM

BTW Denise the Text would refer to her as barren.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 35586
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:38 PM

Beloved Amodeo:
Google "does Jamie Lee Curtis have ais?"

Which leads to my caution Jamie Lee Curtis: Male and Female? | Snopes.com

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3314
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:49 PM

MJ. Smith:

Beloved Amodeo:
Google "does Jamie Lee Curtis have ais?"

Which leads to my caution Jamie Lee Curtis: Male and Female? | Snopes.com

This is very personal information and one would not expect sensitive medical information to be offered freely to the public. Your caution is prudent. I have not examined her medical records but her story and appearance is typical and consistent with the news stories that surround her.

Posts 35586
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2021 9:57 PM

Beloved Amodeo:
but her story and appearance is typical and consistent with the news stories that surround her.

I agree

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1012
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 1:07 AM

I'm confused....  and maybe I'm too simplistic..... but...if the birth certificate says female... does that mean anything? 

Does the birth certificates now say.... Female or Male or Can't tell? 

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 8942
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 2:40 AM

xnman:

I'm confused....  and maybe I'm too simplistic..... but...if the birth certificate says female... does that mean anything? 

Does the birth certificates now say.... Female or Male or Can't tell? 

If Born with male private parts then it’s Boy, if born with female private parts then it’s a Girl! Very simple Biblical, old school way 👍  If born with both parts then parents can choose or maybe not choose at all since it’s clearly a genetic disorder. Maybe allow the child to grow like that and then he/she can choose later when is old enough to choose. Maybe not choose at all and learn to live with the genetic disorder like many other people do (e.g. Hallermann-Streiff syndrome, dwarfism, gigantism, Down syndrome, etc.).

Simplify not complicate, at least that’s how the Bible says it from the beginning (Adam and Eve, remember?).

Thanks for your comment, I agree 👍

DAL

Posts 8942
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 3:32 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

DMB:
More seriously, Beloved, could you clarify?
Jamie Lee Curtis is the actor Tony Curtis's child she is one of the most famous people with the medical syndrome I referenced earlier in this thread. She is a genetic male. How would you counsel her? Edit: And how would you define her?

That’s not true, it’s a Hollywood myth that’s lingered for too long and has been confirmed to be false.  Jamie is a woman.  Check your facts first.  They even said the same thing about Lady Gaga.  Famous? Yes, is she genetically a man? No!

Posts 1012
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:10 AM

It bothers me when Believers get caught up with culture theorieisms and what if's...  Did God create 3 kinds of people? 

It is also a concern that "Factbook" uses such language.  Why would a "Bible based" search engine try to promote such things?

Sure abnormalities happen, and they are generally caused by man doing things they shouldn't do. But abnormalities should not be the rule that changes what God created. When we allow that to happen then we are heading down a slippery slope that leads us away from God.

If we are God believing, God fearing people, then we must always go back to what God has done and what God does. Otherwise we have to forsake God and His ways. Abnormalities created by man and perpetuated by rich people does not warrant forgetting God.

IMHO....  

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 2526
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 4:19 AM

I have an unusually intelligent close friend with intersex condition whom I have known for about 30 years. We have discussed the matters raised above at length. For whatever reason(s), he and his family concluded he would live as a male. His life has not been without issues, but he has a crisp and clear understanding of related genetic, anatomic, and identity factors. He fully grasps and agrees on plain, simple, undistorted, long-established definitions for male, female, and intersex. He has no confusion or worries about the matters. I recommend my friend's view as an example for how we might all consider this matter. which confuses so many.

From what I see above, it seems that FL will arrive at a biblically and rationally sound conclusion. 

Posts 35586
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 1:46 PM

GaoLu:
on plain, simple, undistorted, long-established definitions for male, female, and intersex.

Yes

Posts 1012
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 6:47 PM

Well, I have not studied this intersex theory.  All I know is Genesis 1:27 says God made them male and female. And I know that to be the plain, simple and long undistorted truth of the matter. 

So this intersex thing must have come from man's making or man's doing. 

And that's all I'll say about that. 

Posts 35586
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2021 7:56 PM

xnman:
And that's all I'll say about that. 

Thank you. That will follow the guidelines.

Posts 1012
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2021 4:22 AM

Guidelines? Let's see...

"Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.
  3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together."

But back to me... I apologize because as I understand the above... then I helped to push the guidelines in this thread. I fully realize I am allowed on the forum because of Faithlife. I just get caught up in the discussion sometimes.... and the point is made... that reminds me that I need to be diligent regardless of the discussion as I try to present truth with love. 

Have a great day!

Posts 5467
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2021 9:32 PM

xnman:

My birth certificate says a particular person was my father. He wasn't. Can of worms...opened.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 8942
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2021 3:07 AM

David Paul:

xnman:

My birth certificate says a particular person was my father. He wasn't. Can of worms...opened.

Where’s that Canadian they call Milkman 😂😂😂

In my birth certificate it says my dad is my father (and he was), but he thought he wasn’t.  Now that he’s in a better place he probably had his understanding opened and now realizes he indeed was my father 😂😂😂

DAL

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2021 5:56 AM

DAL:
In my birth certificate it says my dad is my father (and he was), but he thought he wasn’t.

It is rumoured that many men where their mothers clan tartan because they are certain who their mother is.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 35586
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2021 11:51 AM

xnman:
this intersex theory.

There isn't an intersex theory to study. "Intersex" is the descriptive term used for what used to be called "hermaphrodites". The older term was used while the group was identified only by external characteristics visually apparent at birth; the newer term includes internal characteristics that are discovered latter in life often at puberty.

Why should I be picky about theory/description? Because many in the world view religion as being for the ignorant. We need to consistently show that religion is compatible with being knowledgable. Well, at least that is the view of my Church which invented the western univeristy.

Posts 8942
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2021 1:00 PM

Male and Female is the only created order. The rest are either perversions of man kind or consequences of sin — hermaphroditism and other genetic disorders that people need to learn to live with.

DAL

Page 3 of 5 (84 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS