Improved Highlighting in Dark Mode

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 18 2021 6:15 AM

I just noticed today that with 9.7 highlighting has been improved. Here is what the release notes say:

• "Updated colors for System Highlighting Styles for better contrast in Dark Mode."

Although I'm not sure exactly what changed I did a bit of testing and it generally seems better to me. Has anyone else noticed specific improvements with highlighting in dark mode?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 542
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2021 6:25 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I just noticed today that with 9.7 highlighting has been improved. Here is what the release notes say:

• "Updated colors for System Highlighting Styles for better contrast in Dark Mode."

Although I'm not sure exactly what changed I did a bit of testing and it generally seems better to me. Has anyone else noticed specific improvements with highlighting in dark mode?

I have noticed this and I think it's great. It's much better than it used to be. 

Posts 271
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2021 11:12 AM

Yes.  There are definitely some improvements, but still a few issues that make it unusable for me.  Purple fonts don't show up well and don't match the preview in the palette.  Yellow background highlights are still difficult to read with the white font.  These have been issues since the release of Logos 9.  At one point in the 9.7 beta they had a darker color yellow that made it easier to read, but there were some consistency issues so it was reverted back to what we have now.  Hopefully 9.8 will continue to improve on Dark Mode readability so I can finally switch to using it full time.  For now I must continue using Light Mode so I can read my highlights and visual filters.

Posts 494
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2021 3:46 PM

Michael:
There are definitely some improvements, but still a few issues that make it unusable for me. 

Thanks for the feedback, Michael. 

Michael:
Purple fonts don't show up well and don't match the preview in the palette. 

I believe in beta we fixed an issue with purple backgrounds, but font color might be something we missed. We'll take a look. 

Michael:
At one point in the 9.7 beta they had a darker color yellow that made it easier to read, but there were some consistency issues so it was reverted back to what we have now. 

I think you are mistaken on this one, unless you are talking about note text background. We intentionally reverted to the old yellow within notes content because it wasn't suitably backward compatible with users' existing notes. Resource highlights should have the new, darker yellow in 9.7, with better contrast with light text.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 494
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 4:02 PM

Michael:

Michael, we think we know what's going on here, but I want to confirm. Would you be willing to share your highlighting palette? 

Thanks!

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 271
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2021 4:58 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Michael:

Michael, we think we know what's going on here, but I want to confirm. Would you be willing to share your highlighting palette? 

Thanks!

Done.  I shared 4 of my palettes that get used frequently.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS