Inductive bulk highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Christy Beard | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:19 AM

There used to be a way to highlight things all at once in the entire Bible by "assigning" which highlight you wanted for a particular word or phrase.

For example, if I wanted to use an inductive highlight to have a black box around every "therefore" in the Bible I could assign that and it would put a black box around every occurring "therefore" in the Bible.  

I wanted to change up some of my highlights but I am unable to find this feature and make the changes, does anyone know how to find this feature or is there a workaround?

It also appears that if I want to erase any of my previous inductive highlights I have to do it one at a time? Is there a way to bulk erase?  For example, if I no longer want the black box around all the "therefore"'s can I bulk erase those?  Without unchecking the visual filters box, I want to be able to see my visual filters but I want to change them up a bit.

Thanks in advance for any help.  I've tried customer service but they were unable to help with this.

Posts 25776
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:37 AM

Hi Christy - and welcome to the forums

Christy Beard:
For example, if I wanted to use an inductive highlight to have a black box around every "therefore" in the Bible I could assign that and it would put a black box around every occurring "therefore" in the Bible.  

This uses Visual Filters to do this. To create a Visual Filter to do this, you would enter the word therefore in the search filed and then select the black box as the highlighting option

Christy Beard:
It also appears that if I want to erase any of my previous inductive highlights I have to do it one at a time? Is there a way to bulk erase?  For example, if I no longer want the black box around all the "therefore"'s can I bulk erase those? 

You would need to remove that line from the Visual Filter definition.

Christy Beard:
Without unchecking the visual filters box, I want to be able to see my visual filters but I want to change them up a bit.

I don't know what you mean by this - please expand / clarify

Graham

Posts 5
Christy Beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:49 AM

When you click on the visual filters icon in an open resource there is a list of filters, at the bottom of the list is a check box that you can check the box allowing you to see all the visual filters you have or hiding them all at once by unchecking the visual filters box.  I hope that helps.

Posts 5
Christy Beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:52 AM

By "remove that line from the visual filter definition"- do you mean, delete it as one that I have added, if I wanted to bulk erase any previous highlights?

Posts 25776
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 8:06 AM

Christy Beard:
When you click on the visual filters icon in an open resource there is a list of filters, at the bottom of the list is a check box that you can check the box allowing you to see all the visual filters you have or hiding them all at once by unchecking the visual filters box

Yes - but I wasn't sure what you meant related to that.

Are you trying to find out where the visual filters are defined?

If so, you can find them in the Docs menu - filter for Visual Filter

Posts 25776
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 8:07 AM

Christy Beard:

By "remove that line from the visual filter definition"- do you mean, delete it as one that I have added, if I wanted to bulk erase any previous highlights?

Yes that is correct

Then all of the corresponding highlights in your resources would disappear. Or if you wanted to modify it, by selecting a different search term or a different highlight, you could do that there as well.

Posts 5
Christy Beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 8:10 AM

YES- YAY! I was looking for where they are defined! Thank you! very helpful.  I guess I was using the term assign but it is more accurate to say defined.  Awesome thank you!

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 8:56 AM

Christy Beard:

Thread => more inductive symbols has a different inductive highlight idea (mathematical symbol of three dots)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5
Christy Beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 10:08 AM

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS