Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 5 2021 4:36 AM

Greetings, and thanx for all you do!

I have used Reftagger for years. It is great and works flawlessly.

As I use it for displaying verses during training it is good to have it as visible as possible.

Is there any way it could be a bigger tooltip, a larger font, and the possibility of Bold/Italic/Underline?

This would greatly enhance its visibility and usefulness especially on smaller screens.

This product is excellent... is it time to make it even better!

Again,

Thanx,

In HIM,

Bob Diebel

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2021 11:48 AM

Hi Bob,

You can use the customStyle setting to adjust the font size. For example:

var refTagger = {
  settings: {			
    customStyle: {
      body: {
          fontSize: "26px"
        }
      }
    }
  }
};

There's no supported method for changing the width/size of the tooltip, but if you are comfortable with CSS you could overwrite the style manually. For example, this would change the width to 600 pixels wide:

.rtTooltip {
  width: "600px";
}

For bold/italic/underline I'm assuming you mean within the passage text itself. Unfortunately I'm not aware of anyway to do that.

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2021 11:52 AM

Another thing I thought of: when presenting, you could try adjusting the zoom level of your web browser. The Reftagger popup will then appear larger in respect to the browser's zoom level. May not work for your use case, but just a thought.

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2021 3:34 AM

Could you tell me how to get to the CSS code please?

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2021 3:43 AM

The heading font size works, but the body font size makes the word "more" bigger, not the scripture text.

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 24 2021 1:08 PM

Is this still being monitored? Is Reftagger still being maintained?

In my experience it is not working right as is (at least the custom version), and it could be enhanced to be a much more profitable tool.

I may be wrong, but I do not think it would take too much development time to enlarge the Tooltip, and get the body font size working correctly.

Please Help

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2021 1:40 PM

Sorry for the delay. I will take a look and get back to you.

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2021 1:47 PM

Also, would you be able to post the reftagger code you are currently using on your site?

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2021 2:07 PM

Here is an example I put together.

It uses this CSS:

.rtTooltip {
			width: 800px;
		}
		.rtTooltipHeader {
			font-size: 36px;
			line-height: 36px;
			height: 36px;
			padding: 10px 20px;
		}
		.rtTooltipBody {
		}

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 At 4.09.33 PM

Is this getting closer to what you'd like to see?

You can put this CSS within a style element on your page, or within a CSS file that your page uses (it depends on how your site is setup - do you use a custom built site or are you using a platform like WordPress?)

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2021 7:30 AM

8726.ReftaggerCustom.txt

This is now working much better.

I would however like to know how to incorporate your code to give me more control.

I would also like to be able to turn off the links that make the tip harder to read; see below.

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2021 7:43 AM

Your help is much appreciated. I do not take your giving of your time lightly.

But if you do find time I am working in two areas.

One is Word Press. I have a site called "TruthRightlyDivided.ca"

The other way is to create a file in MS Word, save as HTML, Use Notepad++ to add Reftagger code.

This is working well now, but any advise as to gaining more control over Reftagger display is most welcome.

Such as how to incorporate your CSS in both places.

Thanx a bunch!

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2021 12:23 PM

I would also like to be able to turn off the links that make the tip harder to read; see below.

This appears like the same issue as here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/197190.aspx 

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2021 12:32 PM

Bob Diebel:

save as HTML, Use Notepad++ to add Reftagger code.

When doing this, you can add the CSS directly in the HTML file. Put the CSS inside a <style> element within the <head> element. It would look like:

<html>
<head>
  <style>
    .rtTooltip {
			width: 800px;
		}
		.rtTooltipHeader {
			line-height: 36px;
			height: 36px;
			padding: 10px 20px;
		}
		.rtTooltipBody {
		}
  <style>
</head>
<body>
  <!-- page content here, etc. -->
</body>

For the Wordpress site it will be a bit trickier. Usually there is an option in the WordPress theme editor for "Additional CSS" where you can directly paste the CSS code. Otherwise I believe you would have to edit the theme files directly. Sorry I can't provide more clear direction on that.

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2021 10:14 AM

I have two current issues:  Can I change Reftagger settings for large Tip & Font size in the Word Press Plugin?

And can I get a certain Ref back in Greek.

Thanx for your previous help. I can now control my simple code, but still not my Work Press site.

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2021 2:43 PM

I'll have to investigate what the word press plugin supports.

As for "And can I get a certain Ref back in Greek.", do you mean have a Greek translation for reftagger? That is not available as far as I know.

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2021 5:29 AM

Acts 5:1-11 BYZ - This works in simple HTML.

There is a long list of Bibles on Biblia.com, but I do not know how to find the character codes (like the BYZ here) to get the Ref back in that Bible with Reftagger.

Is there a shorter list that works with Reftagger?

Thanx for7725.BibliaBibles.mp4 all help!

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2021 4:43 AM

Just to add a wish list item...

I would also like to be able to ask for more words to be returned. References are too often cut off in the middle. Maybe 1.5X, or even 2X as many words so slightly longer references could be complete. If the request had a field to request extra words or not.

Thanx,

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 7:22 AM

Maybe I need to file this under the old adage "if you play with something long enough, it will break" : -)

Reftagger is not working on my website. I removed the plugin, and re-installed it and it is still not working.

Any advice?

Thanx,

Bob

Please disregard. I think I know the issue as only part of the pages fail.

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 24 2021 8:46 AM

I know I am asking a lot, but if anyone out there enjoys a challenge I have just the thing for you.

For all others, if you do not check out the attached, I will not have used too much of your time.

All help much appreciated.

In HIM,2045.ToolTipControl.docx

Bob Diebel.

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 24 2021 11:42 AM

Bob Diebel:

There is a long list of Bibles on Biblia.com, but I do not know how to find the character codes (like the BYZ here) to get the Ref back in that Bible with Reftagger.

Is there a shorter list that works with Reftagger?

The shortcode will appear in the biblia url, like: https://biblia.com/books/nlt/2Co1.3 has "nlt".

However, if you are using resources other than the free resources already listed listed, then any visitors to your site that don't own the resource will not be able to see it.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS