Some recommendations

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29
Rifhen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 7 2021 2:06 PM

I don't believe anything by Mediatrix Press is available in Verbum.  In many cases, I believe Grant's translations are the only English versions available of classic works.  I would especially be interested in their St. Alphonsus Moral Theology volumes: Moral Theology of St. Alphonsus, Volume I - Mediatrix Press (some of which are available now and others are forthcoming), as well as their translations of St. Robert Bellarmine.  In the former case, good works on Moral Theology are hard to find and Ligouri is important in the field.  In the latter case, Bellarmine's Disputations/Controversies might hold interest for Protestants as well given its focus.  

Also, Grace, Predestination, and the Permission of Sin: A Thomistic Analysis by Taylor Patrick O'Neill.  Grace, Predestination, and the Permission of Sin: A Thomistic Analysis: O'Neill, Taylor Patrick: 9780813232546: Amazon.com: Books

This is the kind of work that I think would work very well with Verbum, being focused on an important historical debate, and might have crossover appeal to Reformed folks as well given the focus on predestination and the interest in reformed circles on Molinism and responses to it.  

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS