Commentary Recommendations

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 12:10 PM

Paul Caneparo:

... I tend to also consult the Denver Seminary recommendations which are updated every year. 

Do you have a good link to find those? I usually look at the one added to the file forums

Posts 1844
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 9:20 PM

Mattillo:

Paul Caneparo:

... I tend to also consult the Denver Seminary recommendations which are updated every year. 

Do you have a good link to find those? I usually look at the one added to the file forums

https://denverseminary.edu/the-denver-journal-article/new-testament-exegesis-bibliography-2021/

https://denverseminary.edu/the-denver-journal-article/annotated-old-testament-bibliography-2021/

Updated each year. Sure you can guess the updated link for each year. 😉

Posts 2372
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 4:35 AM

Mattillo:

Paul Caneparo:

The ones that I post in the files section are up to date with Denver's.  I watch the "last updated" statement at the beginning of each, and when it changes, I go through every entry and update them, editing for typos, data errors, or inconsistencies in format, and then I make suggestions for changes in the list based on newer editions of resources (sometimes they will miss a newer edition of a commentary or other resource like Basics of Biblical Greek/Hebrew), and I send those corrections/suggestions to Dr. Hess.  Those corrections are then slipped in on their end for the official version without a "last updated" note. 

They usually post the new year's version in the middle of January and an update or two throughout the year.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 7:24 AM

Joseph Turner:

Mattillo:

Paul Caneparo:

The ones that I post in the files section are up to date with Denver's.  I watch the "last updated" statement at the beginning of each, and when it changes, I go through every entry and update them, editing for typos, data errors, or inconsistencies in format, and then I make suggestions for changes in the list based on newer editions of resources (sometimes they will miss a newer edition of a commentary or other resource like Basics of Biblical Greek/Hebrew), and I send those corrections/suggestions to Dr. Hess.  Those corrections are then slipped in on their end for the official version without a "last updated" note. 

They usually post the new year's version in the middle of January and an update or two throughout the year.

I'm very grateful for this! I wish they left the older resources on (I understand why they don't) but sometimes they have good comments on them from one year but they disappear the next.

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 7:26 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Mattillo:

Paul Caneparo:

https://denverseminary.edu/the-denver-journal-article/new-testament-exegesis-bibliography-2021/

https://denverseminary.edu/the-denver-journal-article/annotated-old-testament-bibliography-2021/

Updated each year. Sure you can guess the updated link for each year. 😉

Thanks!

Posts 1844
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 8:11 AM

Mattillo:

Joseph Turner:

Mattillo:

Paul Caneparo:

I'm very grateful for this! I wish they left the older resources on (I understand why they don't) but sometimes they have good comments on them from one year but they disappear the next.

You can still find the previous years recommendations by simply changing the year in the web address.

Posts 2372
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 6:23 PM

Mattillo:
I wish they left the older resources on (I understand why they don't) but sometimes they have good comments on them from one year but they disappear the next.

Keep in mind that I post every resource that has been taken off each year since I believe 2012, so you could download the newest file, and then go back and replace all of the works that have been taken off of the lists.  As each new list is released, I always put in the release notes the resources that are added, so you could use your same document and then just add the new resources every time.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 6:48 PM

I see this rating feature, but I don't see it when I have the passage guide open, so how will this help me?

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS