Dynamic Pricing ERROR - Swindoll’s Living Insights New Testament Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 20 2021 11:48 AM

I'm not quite sure if this is an error or mistake but Logos previously had 4 of these volumes available. The 15 volume WS set is now up for preorder but it seems Logos is neglecting the 4 volumes already produced? Can this be right?

Set: https://www.logos.com/product/215438/swindolls-living-insights-new-testament-commentary 

4-Volume Set Already in Logos: https://www.logos.com/product/32274/swindolls-new-testament-insights 

Posts 675
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2021 2:13 PM

Mattillo, when I just checked the full set, it shows that I already own all of them and the price is greyed out. However, when I click on just the 4, it shows that I don't down them and the cost is ~$50.

Posts 2681
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2021 2:29 PM

Mattillo:
The 15 volume WS set is now up for preorder

Thanks for calling attention. I've placed my pre-order!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1198
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2021 4:35 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Mattillo, when I just checked the full set, it shows that I already own all of them and the price is greyed out. However, when I click on just the 4, it shows that I don't down them and the cost is ~$50.

Mine is just the opposite. I own the 4 vol. set and the 15 vols. are $194.99, much cheaper than the several that I had pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up.Big Smile

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2021 6:17 PM

I asked about some of the volumes and didn’t worry about it because some are a different year copyright and I have the newer set from WORDsearch anyway. So I’m good 👍

DAL

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2021 8:46 PM

As DAL pointed out the existing ones in Logos are older editions. The WS ones are newer. e.g. the Revelation volumes are 2011 & 2014,

so I do not believe there is a pricing error.

Posts 489
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2021 1:05 AM

DIsciple II:

As DAL pointed out the existing ones in Logos are older editions. The WS ones are newer. e.g. the Revelation volumes are 2011 & 2014,

so I do not believe there is a pricing error.

This is an example of where I end up paying for the same book twice. For example the Revelation editions are exactly the same book

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2021 3:34 AM

Stephen McCracken:
This is an example of where I end up paying for the same book twice. For example the Revelation editions are exactly the same book

Hi Stephen,

I think that if you ring Faithlife and point out this anomaly you will find that firstly you only paid for the book twice for a very short time and secondly you will protect others from being caught by the same thing.

If you are not in the 'former colonies' west of Ireland then I find that Skype is an economical tool for reaching Faithlife.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1024
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2021 7:24 AM

Well this is odd - I own the volumes on John, Romans, and James & 1&2 Peter, but neither the full 15 volume set nor the 4 volume set page you referenced acknowledge that I own any of them.

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2021 8:42 AM

It seems you are correct DISCIPLE. The only odd part is my 4-volume set was produced by Zondervan and not Tyndale like your image shows. Oh well

Posts 1024
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2021 3:52 PM

Well now to add insult to injury, Logos is inviting me to "complete my set for less" without acknowledging that I actually already own part of the set. I think if the only difference between the earlier published volumes and these is the publisher, then dynamic pricing should apply. Otherwise I would be paying for the same books twice

Logos don't often get things wrong, but it certainly looks like they are wrong on this occasion

Posts 1770
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2022 12:14 PM

These are updated and revised editions. While much of the content is the same there are new images, different pagination, in some areas content has been added, in others it was removed, and in other cases the content was edited.

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2022 1:08 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

These are updated and revised editions. While much of the content is the same there are new images, different pagination, in some areas content has been added, in others it was removed, and in other cases the content was edited.

Thank you for the information and your patience, Kyle!

DAL

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2022 2:07 PM

Thank you again Kyle

Posts 1024
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2022 5:17 PM

I decided to buy the set despite the fact that I already owned 3 of the earlier Tyndale volumes. After buying the Mark volume as a FBOM add on, the set cost me around $180 which I thought was a pretty good deal.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS