Thimas Nelson printed in United States 1976

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Ann Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 25 2021 5:59 PM

Hi, what do the numbers mean where it says copyright 1976 by Thomas Nelson, Inc Nashville, Tennessee printed in usa...mine is 1 through 20 - 86 85 84 83 82 81? I'm trying to find one to buy as mine is in very poor condition from use but I'd like one identical. Some I've looked at have different numbers stating at different numbers and ending at different numbers? Also some are printed in other countries or do not say what country printed in. Any help is appreciated!

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2021 8:55 AM

Hi Ann - and welcome to the forums

What resource are you referring to?

Graham

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2021 9:58 AM

More context is needed.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 165
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2021 11:10 AM

The numbers 1-20 relate to the printing (first printing, second printing, etc.). The other numbers refer to the year of printing or publication. My book, The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, has the numbers 1-9 and 97-92. Since I am looking at its first edition with the lavender dust cover, the set of numbers indicate my printed copy at hand is the first edition (since the left-most number is a 1) that was published in 1992. When I submitted printing corrections to the publisher, they reprinted the book and the left-most number string began with a 2, and the latest and unfortunately last began with a 3. Looking at the Logos edition of my book shows it is based upon the second printing, not the third, so it missed the corrections I submitted for the third printing.

Ann Taylor:

Hi, what do the numbers mean where it says copyright 1976 by Thomas Nelson, Inc Nashville, Tennessee printed in usa...mine is 1 through 20 - 86 85 84 83 82 81? I'm trying to find one to buy as mine is in very poor condition from use but I'd like one identical. Some I've looked at have different numbers stating at different numbers and ending at different numbers? Also some are printed in other countries or do not say what country printed in. Any help is appreciated!

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2021 6:19 PM

Yes

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS