Really Like the Cited By Tool

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 189
Bob | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 1 2021 6:54 AM

I have configured the "Cited By" tool to include all by tags from the library resources.  I can easily see where the search results are from and drill down deeper.  

I am using this a lot over the Passage Guide, but still use Passage Guide also.

Anyone else using "Cited By" quite a bit?

Bob

Posts 1174
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2021 8:47 AM

Bob:

Best Logos feature. Mainly because it's 'directed' .... in my layout, I use several, each linked to a different 'question' ... original languages, 2nd Temple, the early Fathers, and so on.

I'd say also, it's the only game in town for putting massorah next to the hebrew text.

Posts 178
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2021 9:24 AM

I've been playing around with configuring the Cited Tool recently. Definitely a useful tool. Yes

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 10:13 AM

Hi Dave:

interesting set up, can you share with us what is the criteria (roughly) that you use to tag the resources in the following collections (and maybe mention some of the most significant resources in the collection):

interpretation Discourse analysis

interpretation thematic

interpretation theological

interpretation topical

interpretation typology

Thanks ahead of time for any details you can share with us about the above collections.

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 11:37 AM

Bob:

I'm a big fan.

Funny, users seem to love it or leave it. Some think it is completely unnecessary, but I tend to use it quite a bit, including in place of searches.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 2:48 PM

Hi Bob:

Yes cited by tool is helpful. In a Verbum training video, they recommend having separate cited by tool windows for key persons like Augustine, Aquinas, etc. while doing study so that one could quickly see what they had to say.

I am not sure if in Logos there is the capacity to have multiple windows opened of the cited by tool, each dedicated to a particular collection of interest.

Maybe is not necessary and clutters more the space, but there is always someone that can find independent windows useful.

Peace and grace.

Posts 25771
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 2:58 PM

Hamilton Ramos:
I am not sure if in Logos there is the capacity to have multiple windows opened of the cited by tool, each dedicated to a particular collection of interest.

Yes, this is possible - as per DMB's comment above

Posts 1033
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 4:05 PM

Excellent, thank you Graham.

Posts 710
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 6:31 PM

The only features i owned were the ones in Logos 8 Fundamentals and Logos 9 Basic. I just bought Verbum 9 Fundamentals and am learning to use the lectionary and cited by tool. I am thrilled with this, and still have a lot to learn. I am hoping that I can get it to work with my Britannica Great Books and Harvard Classics collections, as well as an Anglican lectionary. The lectionary and cited by feature are what finally convinced me to upgrade to more than logos as an ereader.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS