Logos 9.9 Beta 1 (9.9.0.0004)

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3033
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 5 2021 12:33 PM

To change Logos 9 to the beta channel, enter the command Set update channel to beta in the Go Box. (Please see beta warnings and risks.)

To immediately update Logos 9 (if it is already set to beta channel), enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Mac

Windows

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 2072
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2021 1:51 PM

Thanks for the improvement in Compare Pericopes in Dark Mode. The first translation is perfect. The others have varying degrees of readability, but I might have to attribute that to failing eyesight. Perhaps the observations of young and functioning eyes would be valuable. At least I can actually see that there is text there. Maybe just use white and black letters; white for one range of background color values and black for the other. ('Real' black, that is, not feeble grayish colors.)

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2021 2:20 AM

I noticed some weird formatting issues when copying text from resources into Notes. Here is an example:

Posts 277
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2021 4:23 AM

Same here. It seems this occurs when a new paragraph is started. When the new paragraph begins there is a gap of several blank lines before the start of the next paragraph. Further, I would like to see the removal of the double numbered citation that occurs when pasted into a note.

Posts 33
Mirko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2021 4:24 AM

"Mediathek" (Media Library?) is not working, showing empty panels and doing nothing (Mac-Version).

Mein kleiner Reli-Blog Smile

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2021 8:36 AM

Mirko:

"Mediathek" (Media Library?) is not working, showing empty panels and doing nothing (Mac-Version).

I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you provide a screencast (I need to see if you are opening it differently than I am)? Also what version of macOS are you running? MacOS 11.6?

Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2021 10:33 AM

Just to clarify: I use Big Sur.

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2021 9:06 AM

Armin:

I noticed some weird formatting issues when copying text from resources into Notes. Here is an example:

Hi Armin,

We've got a case for this bug.

Posts 1270
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2021 9:21 AM

Thanks, Philana.

Posts 47
Brian Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 11:15 AM

Is the above copy/paste bug at all related to the recent changes to the color of highlighted text when copied? I really wish the text were copied as all black (and displayed as white on dark mode) as it was before:

I keep having to select all the text in my notes file and changing the font color to "Default" in order to actually read it. :(

Posts 33
Mirko | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 9:50 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you provide a screencast (I need to see if you are opening it differently than I am)? Also what version of macOS are you running? MacOS 11.6?

Sorry for replying so late, I didn't see the notification. I hope the following screencast clears things up a bit.

Bildschirmaufnahme 2021-10-12 Um 18.44.52

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 11:46 AM

Mirko:

Philana R. Crouch:

Sorry for replying so late, I didn't see the notification. I hope the following screencast clears things up a bit.

Bildschirmaufnahme 2021-10-12 Um 18.44.52

What version of macOS are you running?

Posts 33
Mirko | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 12:36 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

What version of macOS are you running?

macOS Monterey 12.0 Beta. It doesn't matter if beta or not, I checked.

Just when I tried again to reproduce the error, it worked: I had restarted Logos just before. This afternoon it didn't work (without restarting) and the connection icon had a red exclamation mark in it. Now it's not there anymore and it works.

So I think the media gallery only works when I'm online? I usually am, but logos wasn't it seems.

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2021 10:09 AM

Mirko:
So I think the media gallery only works when I'm online? I usually am, but logos wasn't it seems.

Yes, this feature does require you to be online.

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2021 2:04 PM

Armin:

This has been fixed in 9.9 Beta 3.

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2021 2:08 PM

Brian Crawford:

Is the above copy/paste bug at all related to the recent changes to the color of highlighted text when copied? I really wish the text were copied as all black (and displayed as white on dark mode) as it was before:

I keep having to select all the text in my notes file and changing the font color to "Default" in order to actually read it. :(

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. When it's a new bug, having its own thread is helpful.

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 26 2021 2:09 PM

Jackie Watts:

Same here. It seems this occurs when a new paragraph is started. When the new paragraph begins there is a gap of several blank lines before the start of the next paragraph. Further, I would like to see the removal of the double numbered citation that occurs when pasted into a note.

Jackie,

Where are you getting the text with the double footnote? I'm not able to reproduce that.

Posts 3899
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2021 10:15 AM

Jackie Watts:
Further, I would like to see the removal of the double numbered citation that occurs when pasted into a note.

Hi Jackie,

We do have a case for this. I'm adding a link to this thread.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS