Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 64
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 6 2021 11:34 AM

I just changed my Faithlife account email address. I may also need to make the change on my Lifeway account as well. In order to do that, do I just reach out to Lifeway Customer Service to make the change? Also, would I then need to log out of the Wordsearch desktop app and log back in with the new email address?

Thanks!

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

Nathan Parker:
I may also need to make the change on my Lifeway account as well. In order to do that, do I just reach out to Lifeway Customer Service to make the change?

Your Lifeway account is managed by Lifeway, so you would need to contact them to make changes.

Nathan Parker:
Also, would I then need to log out of the Wordsearch desktop app and log back in with the new email address?

The Lifeway servers that support Wordsearch were turned off last month (see https://www.logos.com/wordsearch) so it's a moot question. But if you do log out, there may be no way to log back in again; I would recommend not changing anything in the Wordsearch desktop application.

Posts 64
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2021 11:25 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for all the info! I believe my entire Wordsearch library finally merged with Logos, so it's possible I could remove Wordsearch off my machine coming up. I'll check out my library list once more and confirm before I decide to pull the plug.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS