Wordsearch Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 467
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 8 2021 5:12 AM

It looks like the Wordsearch Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit currently in Pre-Pub is basically a duplicate of The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection (63 vols.). Is there any reason someone would want this new resource if they already have the old one?

Posts 35538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2021 5:32 PM

weekly bump for attention 7

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 67
Dave M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2021 4:21 AM

And that is code for what?

Posts 2071
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2021 5:29 AM

Maybe this volume was edited by The Sword of the Lord staff.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 30473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2021 7:40 AM

Dave M:
And that is code for what?

"Bump" is a volleyball term for someone putting the ball back up in the air to set up a teammate to make a play. In forum usage, "bump" means to bring back attention to. MJ regularly "bumps" posts over the weekend which did not receive replies so that they might receive attention from another forum member (or possibly, FL). 

Dave Moser:
basically a duplicate

FL's intension is to not have duplicate resources. The purchase of the Wordsearch business, however, did lead to some necessary duplication. I don't know who might be the best to answer your question unless it comes from 1) a FL employee who is familiar with both or 2) a FL customer who already has both. The population for 1 or 2 who interact in the forums is likely fairly small. Perhaps FL will chime in. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17
Gary Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2021 11:52 AM

I have the Wordsearch Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit series in my library.  It includes six volumes from the New Park Street Sermon series plus a Topical index to all sermons.  It is listed as a Logos Research Edition.

I checked the store for The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection (63 vols.) and the description matches what I have from Wordsearch.  The store also shows that I own The Complete Spurgeon Sermon Collection although it does not appear by that name in my library.  That is probably because it is same as the Wordsearch edition.

Posts 635
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 12:37 AM

Hi Dave,

I can not supply a concrete answer as I have no connection to Faithlife but I can tell you what I see in my own library.

Background:
I have/had WordSearch and Logos. I also had/have both of the Spurgeon Collections in each program.

As I understand it if you had a resource in WordSearch (WS) and Logos also had the "Same" resource in their system, they simply unlocked the Logos version license for you. If they did not they had/have to build that resource. This you most likely already know.

As I said, I had both. When the WS purchase happened, I received an additional (single, read that as one (1)) file from Logos as part of my WS conversion. That file was an index of all the Spurgeon sermons by Topic. That file is what the 1st link in the original post links to. Not the 63 volumes of sermons (which is the second link).

Again, I am not Faithlife and do not really "Know anything" but as a guess, I would say if you wanted both the index and the sermons, you would have to buy both, I really do not see Faithlife selling the whole shootin' match for $20 (the price I see for what I think is the index by itself) when they sell the 63 volume set for $60.

I have the sermons because I already had them in Logos (most likely from a base package purchase). Now I just have two licenses, not duplicate resources in my library. And I also have the index now because I had it in WS. My library shows the "Last Updated" dates for the sermons as sometime in 2017-2019 and the index as March 30, 2021 which correlates to the WS purchase by Faithlife.

Too much info from me I know, but I included it to show you why I reason as I do.

Posts 17
Gary Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 7:36 AM

Roy:
Again, I am not Faithlife and do not really "Know anything" but as a guess, I would say if you wanted both the index and the sermons, you would have to buy both, I really do not see Faithlife selling the whole shootin' match for $20 (the price I see for what I think is the index by itself) when they sell the 63 volume set for $60.

Roy, here's a quote from the product description for the Wordsearch Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit: 

This collection of sermons from Charles Spurgeon not only features the 57 volume set of the Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, but it also includes the six volumes of the New Park Street Pulpit. In total, this 63 volume set contains 3563 complete sermons, enough to preach one sermon a week for over 68 years. In addition, we have created topical indexes to all the sermons, so that you can search also by topic. 

Both products mentioned by the original poster are exactly the same.  They both have the 63 volume set of sermons plus the topical index.  The $20 price for the Wordsearch Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit series is indeed a good deal for anyone interested.

Posts 30473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 8:05 AM

Gary Morris:
The $20 price for the Wordsearch Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit series is indeed a good deal for anyone interested.

...but based on this comment: 

Gary Morris:
Both products mentioned by the original poster are exactly the same

...not for those who already own the other. Right? That is the heart of the question. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17
Gary Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 8:39 AM

JT (alabama24):
...not for those who already own the other. Right? That is the heart of the question. 

That is correct.  Thanks for getting us back on track JT.

Posts 635
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 4:55 PM

JT (alabama24):

Gary Morris:
The $20 price for the Wordsearch Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit series is indeed a good deal for anyone interested.

...but based on this comment: 

Gary Morris:
Both products mentioned by the original poster are exactly the same

And it appears that Faithlife has updated the product page...The product is indeed the INDEX ONLY. See the pic below...

Resource link...https://www.logos.com/product/199041/metropolitan-tabernacle-pulpit 

Posts 17
Gary Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 6:54 AM

You are correct Roy and I was wrong.  I apologize to everyone for the confusion. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS