Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 64
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 8 2021 10:20 PM

Now that our Wordsearch libraries have been imported into Logos, is there any solid reason for me to keep Wordsearch installed, or should I move on to consolidating with Logos? I have it installed on both a Windows 10 VM on my iMac Pro, plus my old iMac running High Sierra.

Thanks!

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2021 2:04 AM

Interesting

If you have space why delete it until you are so sure that you don't need to ask the question.

If you don't have space then you might like to take a chance on ditching it. How often do you run it these days?

As I Mac user I am intrigued as to why you have Windows VM installed.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 67
Dave M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2021 3:59 AM

Nathan, I plan to keep W/S installed and used until it just won't run. Let's face it, there are just some tasks that are easier and quicker on W/S.

Posts 64
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2021 1:58 PM

I have enough space for now. I could always pull it if I start running low on space. I already phased out a lot of other apps and offloaded files I don't regularly use to a NAS.

I didn't want to run a Windows VM on my Mac. The main reason I did it was to run some work apps (we have a couple of legacy internally developed work apps that are still Windows-only, we plan to eventually move them to web apps). I was remoting into a Windows VM at work over RDP, but my Internet connection was too flakey for the streaming desktop to offer decent performance.

I'm also running Wordsearch on it since Wordsearch won't run on Catalina or later, and I'm on Big Sur on this Mac. I still have Wordsearch Mac running on my High Sierra iMac, but I'm looking at pivoting that machine to Linux eventually since the High Sierra performance is awful. Already tried a Linux dual boot on it, and Linux is so much faster on it.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS