Logos libraries

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 9 2021 6:11 PM

I love looking at the various packages and libraries that Logos offers.  The gold, silver, bronze stuff.

I'm wondering.  Logos keeps adding books all the time.  Do they every modify the libraries?  Add books to them?  Create new libraries?

thank you

I don't get notifications in my emails, so I don't always remember to keep checking for responses.

lacraig1@sbcglobal.net

Posts 35595
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2021 6:22 PM

Larry Craig:
  Do they every modify the libraries?  Add books to them?  Create new libraries?

Each time a new major version is released, the primary libraries (bronze, silver, etc.) are reworked. Other libraries are created and modified on an ongoing, but not predictable, basis.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2021 7:57 PM

To add to what MJ has said, Logos recently re-released some of their earlier libraries. Currently they are offering not only the current Logos 9 libraries, but what they call the Logos 8 Legacy Libraries. These were released with Logos 8, but became unavailable once Logos 9 was released. Just a few months ago they re-released the Logos 7 Libraries. We don't know if they plan to do anymore of this or if they intend to keep these older libraries available indefinitely. Note that these re-released libraries are resources only, no feature sets.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2021 2:40 AM

Also note when libraries you have purchased change you do not loose access to resources that may no longer be in the updated librarie, you continue to hold the license for the old library. And if you purchased Logos 8 platinum and then purchased Logos 9 silver you still have everything in Logos 8 Platinum plus anything new to you in Logos 9 Silver at a dynamically reduced price.

Posts 1138
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2021 8:47 AM

thank you all

MJ, Mark, Disciple

I keep looking at the libraries for things I want.  Knowing that they do change, I will keep looking.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS