Apeal to Faithlife

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 11 2021 9:40 AM

As you could see below . I have the resource on the right side. I bought the resource on the left side today . After It was downloaded I could see that they are the same resoure with the same Author. So I have asked to Faitlife to refund me. The Faithlife worker Carla answered me "There does not appear to be any fault, you just purchased the same title twice and I cannot return the second time for you." First of all the website shoud show that I own the resource. I have never seen such a worker in Faithlife . I apeal here if some can solve it. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1842
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 9:53 AM

Tes:

As you could see below . I have the resource on the right side. I bought the resource on the left side today . After It was downloaded I could see that they are the same resoure with the same Author. So I have asked to Faitlife to refund me. The Faithlife worker Carla answered me "There does not appear to be any fault, you just purchased the same title twice and I cannot return the second time for you." First of all the website shoud show that I own the resource. I have never seen such a worker in Faithlife . I apeal here if some can solve it. 

I'd email customer service and ask for a refund. I'm not sure if you're saying you've also previously bought the resource you bought today. I think officially you can't return a book twice, although I did once buy a book and immediately realised I had previously bought and returned as it didn't met my needs. I simply emailed customer service and got a refund. No questions asked and no challenge that I had previously returned. Sometimes we forget what we bought years ago. However, if you've simply bought the book today for the first time, there's no reason for customer service to decline your request for a refund.

Posts 8930
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 9:59 AM

One is a 1992 first edition the other one is the 2nd edition with a 2008 date, so no one has wronged you. Second editions rarely contain that much different material; perhaps a reword here and there and extra bibliography, but they’re virtually identical.  I own the newer one and the old blue one I don’t. So you purchased both and that’s why both are showing in your library.  My library only shows one. If it’s been over 30 days FL is not obligated to give you a refund.

DAL

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 9:59 AM

It faithlife is mistake. Normaly if you buy  a resource it has to shown that you already own the resource, but here is not the case the same resource it showed up as if it were a resource that I don't own it. I have asked to Faithlife customer ,but no response.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8930
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 10:04 AM

Tes:

It faithlife is mistake. Normaly if you a resource it has to shown that you already own the resource, but here is not the case the same resource it showed up as if it were a resource that I don't own it. I have asked to Faithlife customer ,but no response.

Even your screen shot is different so you bought two different editions and didn’t even noticed. Different editions are purchased separately regardless of how identical they are; but if you feel so strongly about, try CS or email someone else.  None of us can help you. We’re just users like you 👌

Posts 8930
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 10:06 AM

Tes:

It faithlife is mistake. Normaly if you buy  a resource it has to shown that you already own the resource, but here is not the case the same resource it showed up as if it were a resource that I don't own it. I have asked to Faithlife customer ,but no response.

BTW, if you bought the other one TODAY, then YES, they better refund you today. So try chat box or someone else over the phone.

DAL

Posts 776
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 11:11 AM

Tes:

Tes, These are two different editions of the same work.  The one with the blue cover is the first edition, and the one with the yellow, red, and blue circles is the second edition.  We often offer more than one edition of the same work for sale.

The reason why your refund request for the first edition was denied was because you recently purchased it and received a refund for it.  We do not offer refunds for products that have previously been purchased and refunded.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 12:27 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Tes:

Tes, These are two different editions of the same work.  The one with the blue cover is the first edition, and the one with the yellow, red, and blue circles is the second edition.  We often offer more than one edition of the same work for sale.

The reason why your refund request for the first edition was denied was because you recently purchased it and received a refund for it.  We do not offer refunds for products that have previously been purchased and refunded.

This is unfair you should mark it that I already own it . I consider it as if I have lost my money. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 12:35 PM

DAL:

Tes:

It faithlife is mistake. Normaly if you a resource it has to shown that you already own the resource, but here is not the case the same resource it showed up as if it were a resource that I don't own it. I have asked to Faithlife customer ,but no response.

Even your screen shot is different so you bought two different editions and didn’t even noticed. Different editions are purchased separately regardless of how identical they are; but if you feel so strongly about, try CS or email someone else.  None of us can help you. We’re just users like you 👌

I did everything .    I sent email , but they did not want to refund me. They have only calimed to own my money. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1198
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 1:18 PM

Tes:

This is unfair you should mark it that I already own it . I consider it as if I have lost my money. 

The reason it wasn't marked is because it's a different edition. FL is correct on this.

The reason you couldn't return it the second time is because you already purchased it once and returned it once. If you purchase it again (second time), you can't return it. This is FL policy.

This is what Joe is trying to explain. If you feel it's unfair, appeal to Bob. He's usually pretty sympathetic.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 1:33 PM

Yes it is unfair. I don´t think that Bob can reply my appeal . I just want to forget it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8930
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 1:57 PM

Tes:

Yes it is unfair. I don´t think that Bob can reply my appeal . I just want to forget it.

Tes, I don’t think people are understanding you.  You stated you just bought the other edition TODAY, so even though they are different editions of the same work, you should still get a refund for the edition you just bought TODAY. Somehow people are missing this important detail (i.e. you bought the older edition TODAY).

🚨 🚨 🚨🚨 EDIT: I’ll take the above paragraph back! People are understanding you so the paragraph below is the one that applies and the reason why you’re not getting a refund 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Then again, if you bought the older edition before and returned it, then you went ahead and bought it a second time and wanted to return it, then FL is not going to give you a refund.  This policy is in place to protect themselves from people buying and returning resources all the time one too many times.

The 30 day return policy is a very generous policy but some have abused it too much by not making up their minds when they buy and return the same resource more than once.  Maybe, in this case, perhaps you’re not understanding this; maybe because no one explained it to you before.  Anyway, hope we can all learn from your experience and be more wise and thoughtful when we buy from Logos 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1842
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 2:07 PM

DAL:

Tes:

Tes, I don’t think people are understanding you.  You stated you just bought the other edition TODAY, so even though they are different editions of the same work, you should still get a refund for the edition you just bought TODAY. Somehow people are missing this important detail (i.e. you bought the older edition TODAY).

DAL

Looking at Joe's reply it looks like Tes has bought the book that he's trying to return twice. He bought it very recently and returned. He's now bought again. Hence why the refund policy doesn't apply.

Posts 8930
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 2:12 PM

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

Tes:

DAL

Looking at Joe's reply it looks like Tes has bought the book that he's trying to return twice. He bought it very recently and returned. He's now bought again. Hence why the refund policy doesn't apply.

You are correct! I edited my post after the first paragraph to reflect that. I’ll go back and point that out.  Thanks Paul 👍

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 6:08 AM

DAL:

Tes:

🚨 🚨 🚨🚨 EDIT: I’ll take the above paragraph back! People are understanding you so the paragraph below is the one that applies and the reason why you’re not getting a refund 🚨🚨🚨🚨

Then again, if you bought the older edition before and returned it, then you went ahead and bought it a second time and wanted to return it, then FL is not going to give you a refund.  This policy is in place to protect themselves from people buying and returning resources all the time one too many times.

The 30 day return policy is a very generous policy but some have abused it too much by not making up their minds when they buy and return the same resource more than once.  Maybe, in this case, perhaps you’re not understanding this; maybe because no one explained it to you before.  Anyway, hope we can all learn from your experience and be more wise and thoughtful when we buy from Logos 👍😁👌

DAL

Thank you Dal you got the point. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 6:17 AM

I didn't know the content of the book before I purchased it. I found it out that they are the same  books after I have purchased and downloaded it. I have expected that Faithlife would not sell the same resource with a different color or edition. Since it is was clear to me that if you have already the resource it would show up " you own this resource" . If it were not the case why should I pay for nothing . This is really unfair and I feel as if I were.......

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 30477
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 6:21 AM

Tes:
I have expected that Faithlife would not sell the same resource with a different color or edition.

FL has made no promises that they would not sell additional editions of resources. To the contrary, there are many resources which have had multiple editions and many users who want those updated resources. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1371
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 6:27 AM

I suppose—and I don’t know if this is feasible—it would be useful if FL could show a “You have an earlier/later version of this book” notification on the product page. But since I’m no programmer, I have no idea whether I’m asking for the impossible.

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 716
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 8:04 AM

David Wanat:

it would be useful if FL could show a “You have an earlier/later version of this book” notification on the product page

This is an excellent idea

Posts 1164
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 8:34 AM

Gordon Jones:

David Wanat:

it would be useful if FL could show a “You have an earlier/later version of this book” notification on the product page

This is an excellent idea

This whole thread seems bizaaro.

1. Tes shows 2 books currently owned. At least one (whichever) wasn't already refunded. And one recently purchased.  Are we saying Tes bought-refunded-bought-again the 2nd while already having the first?

2. Why did a second edition get added over a first edition ... by the same author. I can understand a new author ... often happens. Or multiple Bible editions (for dastardly translators). Remember the discussion of commentary series mixups? 

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS