Apeal to Faithlife

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1198
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 10:38 AM

DMB:

This whole thread seems bizaaro.

1. Tes shows 2 books currently owned. At least one (whichever) wasn't already refunded. And one recently purchased.  Are we saying Tes bought-refunded-bought-again the 2nd while already having the first?

2. Why did a second edition get added over a first edition ... by the same author. I can understand a new author ... often happens. Or multiple Bible editions (for dastardly translators). Remember the discussion of commentary series mixups? 

We don't know the exact timeline or sequence.

1. Bought 1st. ed.

2. Bought 2nd. ed.  (could have happened earlier).

3. Returned 1st. ed. (could have happened earlier).

4. Bought 1st. ed. again because he wasn't warned that he already owned the 2nd. ed. or had already done it before.

5. Tried to return 1st. ed.

That's my best guess?Hmm

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 10:49 AM

Dale E Heath:
4. Bought 1st. ed. again because he wasn't warned that he already owned the 2nd.

And not knew the contents of the second until I purchased and downloaded.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1164
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 11:09 AM

Dale E Heath:
That's my best guess?Hmm

Gold star!

On Amazon, they play that game (publisher re-packaging). I'm always surprised when I select Remove from my Kindle, and it correctly deduces a refund desired. Quick and smart.

But as I understand it (serious), Amazon doesn't have the dishonest Christians that buy-use-refund for a paper, etc.  FL can't really know if Tes is honest or not (of course, he is and helpful to FL too).

Posts 3299
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 11:34 AM
Tes:

Dale E Heath:
4. Bought 1st. ed. again because he wasn't warned that he already owned the 2nd.

And not new the contents of the second until I purchased and downloaded.

Tes, I'm sympathetic to your plight. But, strictly following the policy of FL, you are not due redress. I'm going to tell you how I would have handled this matter and it may inform you how you should proceed. Your continued complaint on the forums may or may not advance your cause. Although, my feeling is that it will not. First, I always place my purchases through my trusted sales rep. This gives me a layer of protection and has saved me from such errors you have recounted. If by some mistake I had purchased a resource twice and wanted to return it knowing that this is not supported by usual policy, I would first appeal to the relationship I have with my sales rep. If that was unsuccessful, I would ask to have a manager make a judgement call emphasizing my loyalty as a customer, etc. and justifying the reason for the mistake and asking for an exception this one time knowing that it was I who was in the wrong. If refused, I would take it as a lesson learned and drop the matter. I would not take my case to the forums as in my view this shows bad faith. Grace and peace my brother.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 201
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 12:03 PM

I have made a suggestion here that other editions be added to the product page. It seems like this mistake could have been easily avoided, and the ability to see other editions at a glance would be nice for other reasons too. If you are willing, a comment of support on that thread could not hurt:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/203286.aspx 

Posts 1842
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 12:35 PM

Amazon have a great feature whereby you can see you've previously bought a book - even if you've since returned it. That might be a nice feature to add.

Posts 3299
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 12:49 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Amazon have a great feature whereby you can see you've previously bought a book - even if you've since returned it. That might be a nice feature to add.

I agree, this is a nice feature, however, what I don't like about what Amazon does is if you have bought the book before and returned it for a refund they still indicate that you have this book in your collection. This can be very confusing as I have learned by experience.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 1842
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 1:11 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

Paul Caneparo:

I agree, this is a nice feature, however, what I don't like about what Amazon does is if you have bought the book before and returned it for a refund they still indicate that you have this book in your collection. This can be very confusing as I have learned by experience.

If you click on the order though you can see you returned it. The advantage is at least you know you bought it and returned it.

Posts 8929
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 3:17 PM

The question is: If he bought it before and returned it, why didn’t he check the content the first time so he knew not to buy again a second time? He says he just now realized they’re the same when it downloaded. Didn’t he realized that before?

Most second editions are virtually identical with a few minor changes. I have a few of those and I don’t mind having them.  
Either way, the suggestions mentioned here to prevent this seem like good suggestions. 

Posts 8929
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2021 4:13 PM

I’ve got it: “Warning ⚠️  You purchased this book before and returned it.  If you buy it again you will not be able to return it a second time for a refund.” Or something shorter along these lines.

I have a solution, though: If FL is willing to waive the transfer fee maybe they can give me the 1992 first edition of An Exegetical Summary of Philippians and charge me the $8.99 for it and just refund Tes his $8.99.  Do we have a deal? I think is a win-win situation and FL doesn’t necessarily lose their sale.

Thanks!

DAL

Ps. Here’s the link to the resource in question: https://www.logos.com/product/535/an-exegetical-summary-of-philippians 

Posts 4165
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2021 7:04 AM

For me, I LIKE having multiple editions of the same title.

I put a lot of value into being able to follow links from quotes back to their source.

IF book 1 cites book 2 edition 1, and I have book 2 edition 2, the links won't work.

So I try to have the titles and editions that are referenced where i can.

I have several bdag for instance, and I'm ok with that.

Seems like a good opportunity for someone to show how "cited by" took works.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1164
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2021 8:00 AM

abondservant:
I have several bdag for instance, and I'm ok with that.

Agree. I have 4 different BDAGs ... it's great! Joking.

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2021 8:16 AM

I agree that multiple versions are nice and should be sold especially when they are different. I wish I had BADG but it isn't sold anymore. I come across references for it all the time and they can be hard to track down in BDAG.

Another pain is O'Brien and his WBC. That one was pulled for plagiarism but it is would be nice if there was a way to electronically reference it. e.g. Put a big plagiarism sticker on it and have the profits go to the affected. I do have the dead tree version though which helps.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS