Logos for the Mac with Universal Build

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 44
Doug Hiser | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 20 2021 11:17 AM

Anyone know when we can expect a build for the Mac that supports Apple Silicon? These are called Universal apps on the Mac and should give a speed boost, though perhaps most of the speed boost will be from the higher memory bandwidths and SSD speeds—benefitting both Universal and Intel builds. I am not in the Logos Desktop Beta Testing group, so perhaps even the current beta is Universal.

I am also interested if anyone has tried running Logos under Rosetta 2 from Monterey version of the MacOS. and whether or not they saw any issues. Monterey is coming out next week.

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 12:51 PM

FL has been mum on anything past Rosetta compatibility. It's obviously something they are working towards given that it's inevitable but the timetable isn't fixed. I would not expect anything until Logos 10.

There's no reason why L9 won't work on Monterey. I am sure they've tested it.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 44
Doug Hiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 1:15 PM

Thanks, that echos my thoughts exactly.

Posts 746
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2021 4:04 PM

Doug Hiser:

Anyone know when we can expect a build for the Mac that supports Apple Silicon? These are called Universal apps on the Mac and should give a speed boost, though perhaps most of the speed boost will be from the higher memory bandwidths and SSD speeds—benefitting both Universal and Intel builds. I am not in the Logos Desktop Beta Testing group, so perhaps even the current beta is Universal.

I am also interested if anyone has tried running Logos under Rosetta 2 from Monterey version of the MacOS. and whether or not they saw any issues. Monterey is coming out next week.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/196433/1139481.aspx#1139481

Posts 611
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2021 3:58 AM

Doug Hiser:

Logos works fine with Monterey.

I use both an Apple 2020 M1 MacBook Air and a 2020 16" MacBook Pro Intel machine (maxed out). I compared Logos' performance on each machine here: (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/196476.aspx?PageIndex=1).

I've ordered a new 16" MacBook Pro, which I'll receive around Thanksgiving. I plan to repeat the tests with the new machine, and report on the performance.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS