Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 30 2009 3:22 AM

I have a workspace that opens up a "devotional" space.  Is there a way to set it up so that when I open it each morning the devotional books automatically open to the correct date?  I know this sounds like the question of a lazy man; but hey, this is the age of computers.  Let the computer do it if possible!

Thanks

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 5:10 AM

My experience with workspaces would tell me no.  A workspace saves a "place" that you want to start in particular resources.  However, it may be possible to do a toolbar with devotionals that open to the correct date.

Posts 153
Rob Kuefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:52 AM

You might email Morris Proctor, he's pretty good at discovering work arounds... if there is any. I think you can find the link to his website on Logos under the support section.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:58 AM

Chris' answer is the correct one.  There is no workaround for this. 

It has been an oversight for a very long time.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 2:56 AM

Thanks for the replies.  I know it is a really small thing but wouldn't you think a computer running the "Cadillac of Bible software" could automatically open a devotional to the right date!!!??

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 9:27 AM

Yes Randy, I would think so.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 10:10 AM

Randy Hartman:
I know it is a really small thing but wouldn't you think a computer running the "Cadillac of Bible software" could automatically open a devotional to the right date!!!??
If it makes you feel any better Randy, my Cadillac wont open my devotional to the right place either.Big Smile

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2548
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2009 12:05 PM

If you are using Logos for Windows, then just include the Logos Home Page in your workspace and open the devotional reading from the devotional section of the home page. It will open to the correct date. Hope this helps as a possible solution.

Posts 142
John Hapgood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2009 8:23 AM

Randy Hartman:

I have a workspace that opens up a "devotional" space.  Is there a way to set it up so that when I open it each morning the devotional books automatically open to the correct date?  I know this sounds like the question of a lazy man; but hey, this is the age of computers.  Let the computer do it if possible!

Thanks

Which resources are you using that open to a particular date?

I don't use "devotionals" but would like to see what your experiencing.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2009 8:26 AM

It is one of the "workspaces" that came with Quick Files which I bought from Morris Proctor.  It basically opens up two different devotionals and a Bible.  The three panes tile vertically.  It would be an easy one to configure w/o Quick Files.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS