Zondervan Videos Sale

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 56
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 9 2021 5:30 AM

Several Zondervan videos are on sale this week at Logos for $35.99. 

The same ones are also on sale at Zondervan for $25.

Since they are only videos, there would seem to be no advantage in buying the Logos version as there would not be any linking to other resources - or am I missing something?

Thanks

Posts 2681
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2021 7:20 AM

Roger Pitot:
seem to be no advantage in buying the Logos version

some find value ("advantage") in having the bulk of our learning materials in one library that syncs across devices.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2021 2:07 PM

Adding to David's comment come see it as a benefit in that they can watch them along side the textbook often associated with the video course, pause the video and annotate the text with notes and highlights all within the one application.  j

And also extending David's comment in terms of being able to watch them across devices, this videos if you own them in Logos will show up in Faithlife TV app so those who have a device which allows you to watch this app on their smart TV directly or through screen casting from the app on their phone to their smart TV can easily watch them on large screen.

The other point which some see as an advantage and other as a disadvantage is with the Logos version you don't have to be concerned about storing the files, taking up your limited disk space or loosing them through a hard drive crash. They are hosted on Logos servers.  It's a personal choice on this last matter.

The alternative to buying is 'renting' them by setting up an account Zondervan's Lecture streaming service which like other streaming services you only need to sign up for as long or short a time as you want.

Posts 93
nl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2021 12:07 AM

Thanks for pointing this out!

Posts 8937
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2021 3:48 PM

Roger Pitot:

Several Zondervan videos are on sale this week at Logos for $35.99. 

The same ones are also on sale at Zondervan for $25.

Since they are only videos, there would seem to be no advantage in buying the Logos version as there would not be any linking to other resources - or am I missing something?

Thanks

I don’t know which ones you’re looking at, but not all are $25; especially the ones Logos is selling. The church history volumes are virtually the same price ($35), others are more expensive especially when you consider that if you scratch the dvd or lose it, they won’t replace them for free.

I may consider some extra ones since it’s a great sale and investment.

DAL

Posts 1024
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2021 5:16 PM

DAL:

DAL

Just in case you hadn't noticed DAL, this particular sale ends in 15 hours so you need to make your mind up Yes

Posts 8937
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 14 2021 6:22 PM

David Carter:

DAL:

DAL

Just in case you hadn't noticed DAL, this particular sale ends in 15 hours so you need to make your mind up Yes

Yep, I’m on it and will hit the place order button early in the morning since I’m an early bird 🦅 😁

Posts 8937
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2021 7:37 AM

Well, I got my hands on a few lectures on books of the Bible.  These I’d rather have them in the Zondervan format than Mobile Ed so I can watch them straight through without a pause every 5 or 7 minutes.  I own the corresponding textbooks/commentaries so it’ll be interesting to see how the authors teach/present their material.

DAL

Ps. There’s still a little over an hour left for those still debating.  Remember, you have 30 days to decide in case you might not like what you buy.

Posts 1844
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2021 8:55 AM

DAL:

Well, I got my hands on a few lectures on books of the Bible.  These I’d rather have them in the Zondervan format than Mobile Ed so I can watch them straight through without a pause every 5 or 7 minutes.  I own the corresponding textbooks/commentaries so it’ll be interesting to see how the authors teach/present their material.

DAL

Ps. There’s still a little over an hour left for those still debating.  Remember, you have 30 days to decide in case you might not like what you buy.

Looks like Faithlife have reset the clock and we have to wait another hour for this week's deals. ☹️

Last week Faithlife reset the clock by bringing losing a day, although I suspect it was always an error that the countdown clock suggested new deals would go live on Tuesday.

Posts 716
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2021 11:41 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Looks like Faithlife have reset the clock and we have to wait another hour for this week's deals. ☹️

The new deals are now up: save up to 75% on select commentaries https://www.logos.com/monthly-sale#blackfriday

Posts 8937
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2021 3:49 PM

Gordon Jones:

Paul Caneparo:

The new deals are now up: save up to 75% on select commentaries https://www.logos.com/monthly-sale#blackfriday

I hope next week’s deals are better.  I virtually have them all.  Zondervan lectures are the best so far. If they can bring them back every six months I should be able to get some more next time. Between last time and this time I have 30 lectures.

Galatians a Video Study is looking good 👍 

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS