New M1 Pro 14 doing full index

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1127
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 14 2021 9:19 PM

The below is a screen shot during a full index. The New MacBook Pro is only using between close to 38% of the CPU power. And under 10gb of the ram.

I think maybe Logos is not set to use all of the CPU cores, and this is the base model.

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 27856
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2021 2:12 AM

Lee:
I think maybe Logos is not set to use all of the CPU cores

Correct. I think (as I can't find the thread) it will use up to 5-6 cores/threads i.e. up to 6 resources at a time dependent on RAM. Now that 8, 10 cores (16, 20 threads with hyperthreading) are more common I would imagine that Faithlife will revise that.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2021 6:57 AM

Lee:
I think maybe Logos is not set to use all of the CPU cores, and this is the base model.

Added comment to Faithlife feedback => Native Support for Apple Silicon Processors (currently has 147 votes, #1 for Logos Desktop App)

Considering coolness of Apple Silicon during intensive processing could allow indexing unthrottling for faster indexing on newer Apple Silicon (without being a thermal threat for heat damaging computer). Doing a full index shows CPU use of 37.8% on a M1 Pro in forum thread => https://community.logos.com/forums/t/203905.aspx

Caveat: new feedback website currently needs a separate login so please vote => Add the feedback website to the Faithlife SSO system that has 45 votes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS