Curious: Why No Author Names on Email Adds?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 1314
Liam | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 15 2021 9:35 PM

Hello Logos. I get many many email adds - even several per day usually. However, almost never do they have the author name typed out next to the title. Instead, I have to tediously zoom in on the tiny picture to see who the author is. 

My question is this: Why?… is this a publisher requirement for advertising (the addition of an author name needs $$$ to the publisher)? 

Most of the time with these adds, I can’t decipher the author name from that blurry text on the enlarged cover.. so.. I delete them. I delete almost all of them and they don’t make Logos any money. 

Not a huge deal or anything - just a minor frustration that has been going on for years. But seriously - is this a publisher rule - or just a massive oversight?

Posts 2071
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2021 2:50 AM

Hi Liam:

This is also true for landing pages promoting sales. Many times / most of the time there's no author name in the text and the author name is difficult to see on the cover. My guess is that it's intentional. At some point in research, apparently marketeers have concluded that ad copy without the author's name sells from the landing page with less resistance.

And, I'll repeat here my theory that marketeers also prefer to limit the number of 'Product Details' displayed on the product pages for the same reason.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS