For English speakers interested in the Bellingham floods

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35597
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 16 2021 12:09 PM

There was a post by a Faithlife employee in the German forum so ...River & Flood | Whatcom County, WA - Official Website . But not to worry - you can't get there anyway Mudslide in Whatcom County blocks portion of Interstate 5; heavy rain causes several slides | The Seattle Times. I also understand that Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada is also cut off by road closures.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2021 2:10 PM

Accuweather has drone video showing several flash flooded areas of Bellingham, WA => https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/pineapple-express-pummels-northwest-british-columbia/1047699 that includes 500 people displaced.

Praying for God's Holy Healing & Help.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2021 8:05 AM

MJ. Smith:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada is also cut off by road closures.

[Thank you for this thread, "M.J."]

There are also rail closures. The two national railroads have had track washed away.

The only way something from the International Port of Vancouver can move inland is by taking (the expensive--for commercial haulers) ferry across to the south end of Vancouver Island, then attempting to drive north over damaged roadways to the northern part of the island, and then taking another ferry back to the mainland.  [or one could pay exorbitant fees for air transport?]

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1372
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2021 8:14 AM

I heard of the flood, but it didn’t even register in my mind that this was FL country

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 5048
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2021 1:44 PM

Oh my goodness, I never even thought of Faithlife when I heard about the floods. I looked up the streets in the video below and they are only 1-1.5 miles away from their office. 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/drone-flood-dmg-digi/8XS5osUZ 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS