Notebooks for Notes and Highlights

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 824
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 18 2021 8:28 AM

Do you have separate notebooks for highlights and notes. For example if you are studying the book of Matthew would you create one notebook or would you create a notebook for highlights and another for your notes? If you have both in one notebook will the search feature work for both notes and highlights. I had trouble with highlights but I may have been doing something wrong.

Posts 3106
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2021 12:07 PM

Michael Kinch:
Do you have separate notebooks for highlights and notes

With the advent of the Notes/Highlights filter in a notebook, I no longer see a reason for needing separate notebooks for each. Adding the filter makes keeping them together a no-brainer and actually makes it a lot easier to find things. Search works for both, if I'm understanding your question properly.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 27460
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 7:56 PM

Michael Kinch:
If you have both in one notebook will the search feature work for both notes and highlights. I had trouble with highlights but I may have been doing something wrong.

One can always find Notes and Highlights in the Notes tool, irrespective of your Notebook strategy e.g. filter highlights by bible book and resource. The Search tool is good for highlights in resources but less satisfactory for notes, where you search "Your documents". So please explain how you "had trouble with highlights".

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 824
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2021 2:25 AM

Thanks Dave. I had highlighted some text in a number of notes and placed them in a notebook. Later I tried to search for text that I knew I had highlighted and could not find it. It is possible that I may have had another notebook open at the time so that may have been the problem. In another thread some time ago I read where someone had a similar problem and they were using separate notebooks for highlights and notes. I have been doing something similar - one notebook for all my highlights, and separate notebooks for my notes. I am wondering if this is necessary. Thank you for your help.

Posts 27460
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2021 1:52 PM

Michael Kinch:
Later I tried to search for text that I knew I had highlighted and could not find it.

How did you search? e.g.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 824
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2021 8:22 PM

Thanks Dave. That is helpful. Much appreciated.

Posts 27460
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2021 6:56 PM

Michael Kinch:

Thanks Dave. That is helpful. Much appreciated.

Another more general query can be found in the Search Help wiki.

I am saying that your Notebook strategy, whether you highlight over a Note, etc., does not affect the ability to search for text in a highlight.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS