Change anti-transparency Forum Rules

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 19 2021 7:55 AM

The rules on this forum aren't legitimate. The rules are designed to protect FL from criticism that could hurt their bottom line.

Faithlife cannot call themselves a Christian company unless they remove these rules and allow us to openly criticize them for reasons not related to software bugs.

Posts 3031
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 8:07 AM

eyn tikvah:

allow us to openly criticize them for reasons not related to software bugs.

I'm not seeing any such limitation in the Forum Guidelines. Specifically the first point explicitly permits discussion about a broad class of things beyond just software bugs.

Can you help me understand what kind of criticism you are wanting to state that you are seeing is not permitted?

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 11:23 AM

Andrew Batishko:

eyn tikvah:

allow us to openly criticize them for reasons not related to software bugs.

I'm not seeing any such limitation in the Forum Guidelines. Specifically the first point explicitly permits discussion about a broad class of things beyond just software bugs.

Can you help me understand what kind of criticism you are wanting to state that you are seeing is not permitted?

I have prepared a large response. However, I suspect thread will just get deleted and maybe my account restricted from posting my own threads because Its going to annoy them enough / make them angry enough. This is about Faithlife's behavior, not the functionality of Logos Software.

Posts 3298
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 1:38 PM

eyn tikvah:
I have prepared a large response.
I've certainly seen "rants" on here before. If they're not informative I usually ignore them. Try it and see what happens before you categorically dismiss FL's openness to criticism.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 35556
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 3:29 PM

eyn tikvah:
I have prepared a large response. However, I suspect thread will just get deleted and maybe my account restricted from posting my own threads because Its going to annoy them enough / make them angry enough. This is about Faithlife's behavior, not the functionality of Logos Software.

Faithlife occassionally removes posts or blocks threads when the language is abusive and it is directed at political or religious perceived enemies. Faithlife welcomes constructive criticism presented in non-abusive language. In two decades on their boards, I have never seen a post deleted because of criticism of the company; nor have I seen anyone given a temporary ban who has not been repeated warned because of their continual disregard for reasonable social standards. 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1516
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 3:53 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

eyn tikvah:
I have prepared a large response.
I've certainly seen "rants" on here before. If they're not informative I usually ignore them. Try it and see what happens before you categorically dismiss FL's openness to criticism.

I've certainly done my fair share of complaining in the forums beyond software bugs. Just do it respectfully. It's certainly possible to be respectfully candid. If you're not sure maybe send your "large response" as an email.

Posts 681
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 8:04 PM

Yes

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 681
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 8:08 PM

Can you summarize the specific issue that started your discontent in a few civil sentences?

Have a great day,
jmac

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS