Almost there. . . but not there. . . Dot net problems.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 25 2010 3:03 PM

Greetings all. . .
Several weeks ago I ran into a monumental problem with my system and the .Net framework. I've read several of your suggestions, which by the way, some worked and some did not, but to all 'thank you'.
I've removed all .net fx installations. Interestingly, in using the cleanup tool, it did not removed all the .net fx!! I still have the 1.0 and 1.1, they were not removed! Either way it does not matter; I've kept them.
After cleanup, I've installed 2.0, 3.0,3.5 SP1. I tried to install 3.5 SP "NDP20SP2-KB979909-X86.exe" according to the website suggested: "Tech support guy forums". This update bombed my system and crashed it! It did not work. So I did not installed it.

Well, after much trials and tribulations I got, I believe, the necessary items installed, however, when I clicked on the icon, I get the following: "Logos Bible Software 4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Then I clicked close. It did start to index, but I stopped the process for now.

Any suggestions. . . ?? I'm almost there. . .

Thank you.
Al Sosa

Posts 26622
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2010 6:04 PM

We need to see some logs. So upload Uploading Logs any logs you find in your \temp folder eg. in \Logos Log Files. If you had enabled Diagnostic Logging the files are in \Documents\Logos Log Files.

Have you re-installed L4 since fixing the problems with .NET?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 82
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2010 6:14 PM

Hi Dave,
Thanks for responding. I will look at the log files tomorrow evening my time. EST.

I did not re-install L4, should I re-install? I tried as one of my steps, but it did not allow me to do so.

Thanks.

Al

Posts 26622
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 25 2010 7:04 PM

Then it would be better to re-install but first look at Method 3  Quick Installation onto multiple computers.

• backup the \Resources folder
  • uninstall L4
  • delete the \Logos4 folder
  • enable Diagnostic Logging
  • re-install L4 using Method 3

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 82
Al Sosa | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 3:18 PM

Dave,
Sorry for not responding sooner. Was working on this issue patiently.
I did not have to uninstall L4. All I did was to reinstall .Net 3.0, 3.5 and any other SP's needed.
After this, L4 worked well. I downloaded the latest version by a small utility for software upgrade. It helped me download faster, quite faster.
Indexing was done quickly with no problems.

Thank you for your time and willingness to help. God bless.

Thanks also go to everyone who contributed to answers! Now to other questions on using L4. . .

Eis Cristos

Al

Posts 26622
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 5:18 PM

AlfredoSosa:
I did not have to uninstall L4. All I did was to reinstall .Net 3.0, 3.5 and any other SP's needed.
After this, L4 worked well.

Thank you for the update.

God bless,

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS