BUG: Tyndale commentaries & parrallel resources

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 9:54 PM | Locked

steve clark:
i think there is definitely a bug or something not installed properly here. Notice that in the PR's Top Commentaries drop down that it is missing your current commentary (the one that you are in when you click on PR button). The current commentary should show up with an orange vertical bar on the left next to it.

I get the orange line when my current resource does show in PR like you say.

steve clark:
You are probably in the 4.1Beta. It would be nice if someone here on the forum who has the Tyndale OT/NT commentary and running the Beta try to duplicate this. i am at a loss, any MVPs your assistance would be very helpful.

Pete Li, the first reply in this thread has it working properly by the sound of it and he is on the current beta as well.

Thanks a lot for your time anyway Steve, muchly appreciated.

Anyone else to comment?

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 9:56 PM | Locked

The image i posted was your image, it had no orange bar in it.

In zooming on Peter's image i could not find the Tyndale commentary (except the Concise version) in his commentary list.

Hey glad to try and help, sorry that i was unable to resolve your problem Sad

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 11:36 PM | Locked

David Gullick:

Perhaps a related bug - When in the Pulpit Commentary I don't even get Top Commentaries PR

From your other shots Pulpit doesn't appear to be in Top Commentaries - we need a screen shot of this collection showing how it is defined & another shot if necessary showing Tyndale, Pillar and Pulpit commentaries as part of the collection.

Also open one of your Top Commentaries to Hebrew 10:1-18 and see if the Tyndale volume appears in PR.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 7:16 AM | Locked

steve clark:
The image i posted was your image, it had no orange bar in it.

Sorry. What I meant was when a resource I have open does show in my PR, I do get the line. But as Tyndale doesn't show, there was no line in the image I posted.

steve clark:
In zooming on Peter's image i could not find the Tyndale commentary (except the Concise version) in his commentary list.

Indeed you are right, perhaps he misunderstood my OP.

Dave Hooton:
From your other shots Pulpit doesn't appear to be in Top Commentaries

The Pulpit series isn't in my Top Rated, but my collection of Top Commentaries should still show in PR when I click on PR from within a Pulpit commentary shouldn't it??

Dave Hooton:
we need a screen shot of this collection showing how it is defined & another shot if necessary showing Tyndale, Pillar and Pulpit commentaries as part of the collection.

The top resource you can see is the Tyndale Commentary on Matthew, the last resource is a Pillar Commentary. I have given a generic rating of 4 stars to both series.

Dave Hooton:
Also open one of your Top Commentaries to Hebrew 10:1-18 and see if the Tyndale volume appears in PR.

Tyndale volume doesn't appear

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 7:34 AM | Locked

Incidentally, how are we supposed to report metadata errors? One volume of the Tyndale Commentary Series (49 volumes) has no metadata for series

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:25 AM | Locked

It appears that you're metadata needs to be updated, which may fix all the problems you're seeing with the Tyndale Commentaries. Close the program and go to your Logos4 folder, open Data\uniquefolder.xxx\Updates and delete the Metadata.db file. Start Logos 4 and wait a few minutes to give it a chance to download the metadata before checking those resources in Library.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 6:10 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

It appears that you're metadata needs to be updated, which may fix all the problems you're seeing with the Tyndale Commentaries. Close the program and go to your Logos4 folder, open Data\uniquefolder.xxx\Updates and delete the Metadata.db file. Start Logos 4 and wait a few minutes to give it a chance to download the metadata before checking those resources in Library.

Followed your instructions Melissa, restarted L4 and waited for 10 minutes, but I can't see anything that has changed.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:30 PM | Locked

David Gullick:
Incidentally, how are we supposed to report metadata errors? One volume of the Tyndale Commentary Series (49 volumes) has no metadata for series

In Metadata_correction_proposals - under Corrections Needed.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:37 PM | Locked

David Gullick:

Dave Hooton:
From your other shots Pulpit doesn't appear to be in Top Commentaries

The Pulpit series isn't in my Top Rated, but my collection of Top Commentaries should still show in PR when I click on PR from within a Pulpit commentary shouldn't it??

No. Pulpit has to be in Top Commentaries for the collection to be in PR, otherwise ALL your collections would show in PR ie. if Pulpit is displaying a passage its PR will include Top Commentaries only if Pulpit is part of that collection.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:48 AM | Locked

David Gullick:
Followed your instructions Melissa, restarted L4 and waited for 10 minutes, but I can't see anything that has changed.

You do have Use Internet = YES?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 9:17 AM | Locked

David Gullick:

It can sometimes take longer. You might also try restarting a second time.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 9:01 PM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
You do have Use Internet = YES?

Yes

Melissa Snyder:
It can sometimes take longer. You might also try restarting a second time.

I tried it again today, deleted the files, then opened L4 to a blank layout before going out for a few hours. Came home and the problem still isn't solved. Tried restarting as well but no change.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 5:09 PM | Locked

BUMP

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 5:36 PM | Locked

There's a definite problem with the metadata for this series (non-US Tyndale commentaries); I have alerted our text department.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:05 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

There's a definite problem with the metadata for this series (non-US Tyndale commentaries); I have alerted our text department.

Bradley, why is there a US and a non-US version?  All the internal cross reference links in the US version link to the non-US version.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 9:23 AM | Locked

The metadata has been refreshed, and should be downloaded by Logos 4 the next time you restart (you may have to wait a minute); this should fix the problems that were observed.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 4:08 AM | Locked

Fixed   Yes

Thanks Logos

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 6:41 PM | Locked

I now have the same problem with Job:An Introduction and Commentary and 1 and 2 Kings: An introduction and Commentary  in The Tyndale Commentary Series. They do not appear in Parallel Resources, either in Top Commentaries or All Parallel Resources. Nor do they appear in my custom Passage Guide.

In My Library they have the correct series metadata, however these are the only two volumes which do not have any Subjects metadata. Is this the problem?

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:01 PM | Locked

Has this been a reversal of behaviour since the recent metadata update fixed the others or did they always behave this way?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:11 PM | Locked

I can't say for sure as this is the first time I've used these volumes. I would guess they always behaved this way though, and the recent metadata fix fixed some volumes, but not these.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS