Hidden treasures in your library

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1418
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 24 2021 6:57 PM

Have you ever stumbled upon a resource in your library that blew your mind? I was in a class on hermeneutics and was sent home to do some work on a Greek word.....It was then I found the "Lexham Research Lexicons" I need to look closer at it, but I am pleasantly surprised to have it. 

Have you discovered any treasures in your library?

Posts 10
Martijn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 25 2021 1:23 AM

Lot's of times! Especially as you say in classes. 

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 25 2021 10:14 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
Have you discovered any treasures in your library?

Continually. I often "rediscover" them too. If I had a better memory perhaps this would not be the case. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1048
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 25 2021 12:02 PM

That's funny, Bruce! 

I discover great stuff all the time. A good tool for that is the command "facilitate serendipitous discovery". It's just fun.

Posts 709
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 3:33 AM

I know I don't know what I own. I stumble across things that surprise me. Sometimes I find out what I own when I am considering the purchase of a new library and I see listed all the things that I already own.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 8:02 AM

Kathleen Marie:
Sometimes I find out what I own when I am considering the purchase of a new library and I see listed all the things that I already own.

FL has saved me from double purchases multiple times. Thanks to them for marking resources that I already own Party!!!

Posts 592
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 12:16 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
I found the "Lexham Research Lexicons"

Mike, you might be interested in Rick Brannan's post on this resource last year:

https://rickbrannan.com/2020/10/26/logos-9-lexham-research-lexicons/

He even introduces it by saying the source of the new LRL was another resource that he labelled a "best-kept secret (in a bad way)", the Bible Sense Lexicon. So yes, a lot of "secrets" in our libraries!

Posts 8930
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 4:31 PM

The now discontinued Lexham ESV HD OT  and Lexham ESV HD NT are hidden gems 💎 We have the data sets that can turn any Bible into an HD Bible, but these were the OG’s 👍😎👌

DAL

Posts 2590
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 6:16 PM

So, if they are Lexham resources, why are they discontinued?

I own (have access Stick out tongue) to the NT, but for some reason did not pick up the OT.

Posts 3478
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 9:31 PM

Ronald Quick:

So, if they are Lexham resources, why are they discontinued?

I own (have access Stick out tongue) to the NT, but for some reason did not pick up the OT.

Because they made it a dataset that works with any version that has an RI.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS