Black Friday sale

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1850
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 26 2021 1:06 AM

I've noticed that in some ways the sale page is a "taster". I picked up more $2.99 commentaries by sorting my wishlist by price than were shown on the actual sale page.

https://www.logos.com/black-friday

Edit: The page is now showing "see more" options. 

Posts 2072
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 3:35 AM

Did anyone else notice that "You already own this product" is now "You have access to this product"?

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 8949
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 3:46 AM

Yep, I didn’t like the way that read (“sounded”); but not all products have it.

DAL

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 4:06 AM

Clicking through shows "You own this product." My guess would be that they don't want to have to distinguish between owning or renting (e.g. through Connect or Cloud) on the sale page.

Posts 1850
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 7:48 AM

Who's spent too much? 😀☹️ I don't know if I'm looking forward to Logos' Cyber Monday offerings or dreading them!

Posts 2072
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 8:41 AM

Paul Caneparo:
I don't know if I'm looking forward to Logos' Cyber Monday offerings or dreading them!

Is that anything like Willie Nelson's song "I Gotta Get Drunk and I Sure Do Dread It"?

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 1182
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 8:45 AM

Robert M. Warren:

Did anyone else notice that "You already own this product" is now "You have access to this product"?

Love your image. FL Marketing struggles so much, to shoot themselves in the foot. Access means here today, gone tomorrow. People value 'own'   ... get nervous with 'access'. All mine were 'access' ... just TRY to get Libby's treasures. Ha.

In any event, BF is good entry stuff. Hopefully, many will be happy.

Posts 10
Martijn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 11:42 AM

I spent nothing, first time in a while. Must stuff that is on sale, i already have (ICC, NIGTC etc). Mabey there will be somthing in the cybermonday sale for me. I was well pleased with the SBL sale, got some nice new books.

Posts 342
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 1:30 PM

Sorry I posted on another forum about this This is a copy

I think someone is trying to be clever with wording

In the sale "You have access to this product"

Used to say on the website you owned the product

Maybe my dyslexia is getting the better of me?

I thought access to product was when you have a subscription of some sort

mick

Mick
Posts 35599
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 2:01 PM

It is probably because users got confused when you won own this resource meant either that you owned it or that you had temporary (subscription) access to it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 2:46 PM

MJ. Smith:
It is probably because users got confused when you won this resource

I didn't know you could actually "win" resources. How do you do that? Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 35599
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 3:35 PM

Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 3:56 PM

Michael Parry-Thomas:

I think someone is trying to be clever with wording

In the sale "You have access to this product"

Used to say on the website you owned the product

Maybe my dyslexia is getting the better of me?

I thought access to product was when you have a subscription of some sort

I immediately thought to check my Library for its license status, which was "Permanent". So we are supposed to infer its intent because a Price is not listed, but it is definitely ambiguous.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 4:13 PM

Sean:

Clicking through shows "You own this product." My guess would be that they don't want to have to distinguish between owning or renting (e.g. through Connect or Cloud) on the sale page.

Quoting myself as people seem to have missed this.

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 6:42 PM

MJ. Smith:

It is probably because users got confused when you won own this resource meant either that you owned it or that you had temporary (subscription) access to it.

So they went from what was confusing to some to what is now ambiguous to many.  Only FL could pull off that sort of move.

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 6:56 PM

I find sales pages not helpful anymore as they list only select items and then have different links for different groupings of resources to see more.

i just use this link to look at everything I don’t own sorted by savings descending order and exclude FL eBooks also.

https://www.logos.com/search?sortBy=Savings&limit=60&page=1&ownership=unowned&geographicAvailability=availableToMe&filters=status-live_Status%2Bformat-research_Format%2Bformat-reader_Format%2Bformat-reader_Format

Posts 35599
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2021 6:59 PM

DIsciple II:
So they went from what was confusing to some to what is now ambiguous to many.

I have no information on the overall reaction but I always assume the forums are biased towards those who dislike a change. From my perspective they went from something inaccurate and misleading to some to something accurate and confusing to some.

Posts 222
1Cor10:31 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2021 5:58 AM

MJ. Smith:

DIsciple II:
So they went from what was confusing to some to what is now ambiguous to many.

I have no information on the overall reaction but I always assume the forums are biased towards those who dislike a change. From my perspective they went from something inaccurate and misleading to some to something accurate and confusing to some.

I agree that they've tried to be more accurate but could end up confusing for some. But they can avoid all confusion by showing that it is "Owned" for those who own it and "Rented" for those who are renting it. After all, they are already using each user's information so that we each see the price that is relevant to us. So showing "Owned" vs. "Rented" should be easy programming. 

Posts 716
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2021 1:43 PM

1Cor10:31:

they can avoid all confusion by showing that it is "Owned" for those who own it and "Rented" for those who are renting it

Yes

Posts 25776
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2021 1:56 PM

As per my comment at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/204143/1187273.aspx#1187273 it seems to have done to more correctly show information when group purchases are involved.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS