REALLY sloppy editing

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 26 2021 7:42 AM

Andreas J. Köstenberger, Benjamin L. Merkle, and Robert L. Plummer, Going Deeper with New Testament Greek: An Intermediate Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament (Nashville, TN: B&H Academic, 2016), 64.

The textbook reads καὶ οὐκ ἐγίνωσκεναὐτὴνἕως οὗ ἔτεκενυἱόν.1 But Matthew 1:25 in UBS5 reads καὶ οὐκ ἐγίνωσκεναὐτὴν ἕως οὗ ἔτεκεν υἱόν

The textbook reads καὶ ἀπέστειλεν πρὸς τοὺς γεωργοὺς τῷ καιρῷδοῦλον (Mark 12:2)But mark 12:2 in UBS5 actually reads καὶ ἀπέστειλεν πρὸς τοὺς γεωργοὺς τῷ καιρῷ δοῦλον

The textbook reads ἵνα στρατεύῃ ἐν αὐταῖς τὴν καλὴνστρατείαν But 1 Timothy 1:18 in UBS5 actually reads ἵνα στρατεύῃ ἐναὐταῖς τὴν καλὴν στρατείαν

Three very sloppy editing errors in a single paragraph! If these were isolated errors, I would simply submit a typo and read on, but I have seen other such errors, and I am only in chapter 2. Surely a spellchecker would detect such errors.

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2021 6:05 AM

I am seeing this as well

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 6:35 AM

There were also additional formatting errors on this same page, all of which I think I reported as Typo.

Posts 1770
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 8:39 AM

Thanks for letting us know. We're prepping this to be updated.

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 9:18 AM

Jack Caviness:
The textbook reads
Jack Caviness:
But ... in UBS5 reads

LOL, you are finding new textual variants, Jack. Smile

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2230
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2021 11:42 AM

Or maybe the textbook is just trying to help you to read P46 and Codex Vaticanus.  After all the early Greek manuscripts had no spacing between words.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 6 2021 11:53 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

That's nice, In the meanwhile, I continue to find multiple errors in every chapter, rendering the examples worthless. Frankly, FL should be embarrassed to charge money for such inferior editing. I am spending so much time submitting typos that I gain nothing from the text.

Posts 1770
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 8:57 AM

Jack Caviness:

Kyle G. Anderson:

That's nice, In the meanwhile, I continue to find multiple errors in every chapter, rendering the examples worthless. Frankly, FL should be embarrassed to charge money for such inferior editing. I am spending so much time submitting typos that I gain nothing from the text.

I apologize for the errors and we're working on the fix. We know the underlaying cause of the problem. We appreciate you reporting the typos but isn't necessary to report any more.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:11 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
apologize for the errors and we're working on the fix. We know the underlaying cause of the problem.

Good, looking forward to useful illustrations.

Kyle G. Anderson:
We appreciate you reporting the typos but isn't necessary to report any more

Thanks for that information.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2022 7:40 AM
Kyle G. Anderson:
I apologize for the errors and we're working on the fix.
Any progress? These errors make what should have been am excellent intermediate Greek text an exercise in frustration. The examples are practically useless. If I wanted to study textual criticism, I would have used a textbook for that discipline. Such errors make Logos look cheap and not worth the cost of purchase.
Posts 1770
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2022 10:07 AM

Yes. It's being worked on and is scheduled to be finished in early February.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 19 2022 12:20 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Yes. It's being worked on and is scheduled to be finished in early February.

Thank you for the update.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS