Is there any Free Bible Library

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 1 2021 3:53 AM

A friend of mine has asked me if there is any Free Bible Library . It would be good if some one can recommend. He wants more than the Logos free Library.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 542
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 4:10 AM

The only free library that I can think of is the Logos 9 Basic library, which seems to be a good starting point for someone if they are new to Logos. I hope this is what you're looking for. 

-Jon

Posts 6776
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 4:59 AM

Logos free book of the month and sorting all resources on the website from the lowest to the highest can yield a good deal of material.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 8938
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 5:09 AM

E-sword is his best bet. 

Posts 927
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 5:10 AM

Begin with Logos Basic and the other suggestions. Check the forum titled Files for files that other Logos users have uploaded. If you have created personal books you can share them with your friend.

Posts 219
Thomas Pape | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:12 AM

do not forget: User Contributed Personal Books (logos.com) 

Posts 2681
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:40 AM

Tes:
He wants more than the Logos free Library

I found a long time ago (collections change over time) that downloading the https://faithlife.com/products/faithlife-study-bible and logging in with Faithlife account granted some licenses that were not part of BASIC.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 273
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:54 AM

E-sword is very good. The only issue is if you download everything they offer for free it looks cluttered. It would help also if they made a modern UI. The Windows XP look is dated.

Posts 709
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:57 AM

David Thomas:

Tes:
He wants more than the Logos free Library

I found a long time ago (collections change over time) that downloading the https://faithlife.com/products/faithlife-study-bible and logging in with Faithlife account granted some licenses that were not part of BASIC.

The same for downloading Verbum Basic

https://verbum.com/product/195715/verbum-9-basic 

Posts 2681
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:15 AM

Not directed at one particular user, but ALL please respect #1 on this list

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/10072.aspx 

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2591
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:33 AM

Tes:
He wants more than the Logos free Library.

I'm not sure what resources your friend is looking for, but for several years I have been tagging the free resources I've added to my library and there have been quite a few good ones (EEC, Anchor Yale Commentaries, etc.).  I know it's a slow process, but one can put together a pretty good library without spending anything.  Also, don't forget the Birthday coupon. 

Posts 2961
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 9:35 AM

David Thomas:

Not directed at one particular user, but ALL please respect #1 on this list

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/10072.aspx 

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.

BUT Logos nor Verbum are for everyone.  [Also if you go for the free items get both Logos and Verbum]

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:28 AM

Tes:

A friend of mine has asked me if there is any Free Bible Library . It would be good if some one can recommend. He wants more than the Logos free Library.

It really depends on what he means by 'Bible Library' and what he means by 'Free'

If he wants a 'Bible Library' then he must decide if he wants just Bible Translations or does he also want 'Commentaries etc'

If he wants 'Free' then he is pretty much out of luck for both hard copy and digital - he may be able to get inexpensive hard-copies second-hand. Digital will require the purchase of a 'Reading' device, after that, the purchase of the odd $10 bible to top up Logos Basic becomes insignificant.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1173
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 8:00 AM

Tes:

Probably not, but if your friend is in an academic program:

https://www.logos.com/product/195533/logos-9-academic-basic 

There's also a free feature set that's pretty extensive.

I checked the free Accordance package; pretty thin; Logos better. e-Sword is a good stand-in, until a study-er gets a good feel for what direction they want to go.

And yes, FL leadership has previously said it's ok the mention 'the competition'. Used to, we had top-secret names (needed a special Logosian ring to decode) ... A-Company, B-Company ... no W-Company though.

Posts 3230
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 10:18 AM

Mike Binks:
t really depends on what he means by 'Bible Library' and what he means by 'Free

'

He is interested on Commentaries such as Matthew Henry. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 10:43 AM

Tes:
He is interested on Commentaries such as Matthew Henry. 

Here you go

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5046
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 10:48 AM

I would recommend: http://www.freebiblecommentary.org/ 

Utley has some great stuff. Some of his books are in Logos but you can get them all for free there and download his program

Posts 965
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:21 PM

While not "free," check out the Logos starter packages, including the legacy libraries. One can get a number of excellent resources from the starter packages for a minimal investment.

Posts 709
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:56 PM

I tried to link Tes to some resources, but my post was removed. I am not complaining, but I don't know how to help this Christian brother without risking whatever comes next if I break the rules again.

I understand a business is a business even when they themselves don't like the restrictions they put in place to survive. Sometimes it is issues like liability, not profit, that force a forum maintained by a business to create their rules. I understand. I have a family member that is responsible for a business maintained forum. Again, I am not complaining!

Do we have options and setting to send personal messages through the forum without giving away our email or crossing boundaries and safety procedures? And is sharing links this way allowed, if the option exists?

Tes, I am a low-income student taking a combination of online general education classes and online seminary classes. I have acquired a lot of links to the best of what is available free and I do my best to juggle what I must purchase with what I can squeak by for free or the lowest cost possible. Logos is a critical part of my library, but not my only library.

Is your friend a student or a preacher/teacher or something else or any combination of these things? Does he have any limitations: old devices, no wifi, vision impairment, or anything else that would narrow the selection of resources that would be most helpful?

Posts 35578
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 1:59 PM

You may have had too many links which can shove you into a moderate status for someone at Faithlife to verify that your post is not spam.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS