CSB Audio Bible compared to Logos CSB text

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 826
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:28 AM

I have noticed that the CSB audio Bible is not exactly the same as the text in Logos. Mostly it is the same but in some verses there is a difference. For example Gen. 49:29 the text reads:

29 Then he commanded them, “I am about to be gathered to my people. Bury me with my ancestors in the cave in the field of Ephron the Hethite.

However the audio bible uses:

29 Then he commanded them, “I am about to be gathered to my people. Bury me with my fathers in the cave in the field of Ephron the Hethite.

I am wondering why the difference? Which one is the most current reading? Thank you for your help!

Posts 1779
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:40 AM

The CSB did have a revision not so long ago. I suspect your text version is probably the latest version and the audio version an earlier one. I haven't checked the text though.

Posts 460
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:43 AM

Michael Kinch:

I have noticed that the CSB audio Bible is not exactly the same as the text in Logos.

Publishers are becoming less and less transparent about their changes. Sometimes the changes are minor and sometimes they are drastic. Sometimes the only audio Bible available does not match the only text available at all, if they were produced in different years. This is not a Faithlife issue. If you buy a hardcopy Bible and an audio Bible on CD, they don't always match.

Verbum 9 Bronze, Logos 9 Bronze

Posts 2584
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:52 AM

Michael Kinch:
I am wondering why the difference? Which one is the most current reading?

This change was part of the 2020 revision.https://csbible.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/CSB-2020RevisionChangeListing-v5.pdf 

"ancestors" is the newer form.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2584
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 8:55 AM

Kathleen Marie:
Publishers are becoming less and less transparent about their changes. Sometimes the changes are minor and sometimes they are drastic.

Even though CSB is not my "favorite/everyday", I am thankful that the editorial committee of CSB IS transparent - https://csbible.com/2020updates/ 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 460
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 11:22 AM

David Thomas:

Kathleen Marie:
Publishers are becoming less and less transparent about their changes. Sometimes the changes are minor and sometimes they are drastic.

Even though CSB is not my "favorite/everyday", I am thankful that the editorial committee of CSB IS transparent - https://csbible.com/2020updates/ 

Good to know! Thanks!

Verbum 9 Bronze, Logos 9 Bronze

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS