How come question for Exegetical Guide and BWS

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 344
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 1 2021 5:27 PM

I have been meaning to ask this for years...why is it that in the Word by Word section of the Exegetical Guide, and in the Lemma section of Bible Word Study, that some dictionaries don't have a definition there, even though there is an entry in the resource if you click on it? Is it because they have multiple options for the definition? Example --

Posts 35558
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 5:37 PM

From a quick look, I suspect it is a matter of lexicon layout and the availability of a quick gloss.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1164
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 6:56 PM

MJ. Smith:

From a quick look, I suspect it is a matter of lexicon layout and the availability of a quick gloss.

Agree, but the logic isn't too soph-isticated ... in Sophocles, its gloss collector zooms right into opposites.

Posts 35558
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:51 PM

DMB:
Agree, but the logic isn't too soph-isticated ... in Sophocles, its gloss collector zooms right into opposites.

Oh, the temptation .... I agree that if the missing information was high priority it is not an intractable problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS