New iPad 12.9

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2951
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 3 2021 9:00 PM

Has anyone tried downloading a large Logos library on to a 12.9 iPad Pro with 16 gig ram with the M1 chip and 1000 gig SSD drive.  Can it handle a library of some  12,000 resources effectively?

with the improvements in searching, etc. in the mobile app, it would be interesting.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 25890
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 3 2021 10:28 PM

Mike Childs:
Has anyone tried downloading a large Logos library on to a 12.9 iPad Pro with 16 gig ram with the M1 chip and 1000 gig SSD driv

No experience of this but I'm intrigued!

Mike Childs:
with the improvements in searching, etc. in the mobile app, it would be interesting.

Have the found you get different / better search results when you have resources downloaded as opposed to accessing them in the cloud - assuming you have a reliable Internet connection?

Posts 2844
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 3 2021 11:05 PM

I bought an iPad Air with 256 GB about 2 years ago. I have a huge library in Logos and the gobs of stuff I have downloaded into my Air don't make much of a dent at all. I think a big drive will easily handle your resources.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 633
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2021 7:22 AM

I have the 12.9" M1 with 256 gig RAM and my Logos library has 6,232 resources including many mobile ed courses with video, and i have had no problems at all running it with my entire library downloaded.

John

Posts 54
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2021 8:49 AM

I've had my entire (10K) library downloaded on my iPad for years with no problems.

Posts 969
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2021 9:31 AM

I have my entire library of over 11,000 resources downloaded on my iPad Mini 6.

Posts 1287
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2021 9:37 AM

Well, I have my 43,000 resources on my iPhone ... for 20 years and no problem!  Joking.

'Bama luckily, probably went to the game; else he'd be in the ICU.

Posts 2951
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2021 7:23 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mike Childs:
Has anyone tried downloading a large Logos library on to a 12.9 iPad Pro with 16 gig ram with the M1 chip and 1000 gig SSD driv

No experience of this but I'm intrigued!

Mike Childs:

Have the found you get different / better search results when you have resources downloaded as opposed to accessing them in the cloud - assuming you have a reliable Internet connection?

I have great internet at home, but I sometimes read where I do not have good internet.  In the past, even with good internet I found searching on the mobile app was sketchy.  But I have noted vast improvement in searching on the mobile app.  That coupled with the new M1 chip makes me think that the improved app plus the more powerful iPad could be a great combination.  Seriously considering purchasing the new gen iPad.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2951
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2021 7:26 PM

John Kaess:

I have the 12.9" M1 with 256 gig RAM and my Logos library has 6,232 resources including many mobile ed courses with video, and i have had no problems at all running it with my entire library downloaded.

John

Thanks John.  That is the kind of information that I was looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS