Price Change on Pre-Pub?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 607
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 7 2021 10:40 AM

I noticed that this pre-pub that I ordered on 11/22/21 for $22.50 (dynamic price) is now $25.92 for me:

https://www.logos.com/product/214249/the-story-of-god-bible-commentary-sgbc 

Not a big deal, but why would the price go up?

Posts 3127
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:04 AM

Pam Larson:
why would the price go up?

This often happens in a package when an item is added after it is listed. If you already have the item, your price won't change, but if you don't, your dynamic price will go up a bit.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 607
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:27 AM

Doc B:

Pam Larson:

This often happens in a package when an item is added after it is listed. If you already have the item, your price won't change, but if you don't, your dynamic price will go up a bit.

Thanks, that makes sense, but that doesn't explain it. I have the whole series except for one new resource (1&2 Kings).

Posts 921
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:37 AM

Pam some time ago when they first issued prepubs they were at a certain amount. The closer we came to release dates they were sometimes increased in price. I thought they had discontinued that but maybe not so. Perhaps someone from Logos can comment.

Posts 1837
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 11:38 AM

Pam Larson:

Doc B:

Pam Larson:

Thanks, that makes sense, but that doesn't explain it. I have the whole series except for one new resource (1&2 Kings).

If no new resources have been added, your dynamic price shouldn't increase once you have a confirmed order.

Posts 1198
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 2:40 PM

Pam Larson:

I noticed that this pre-pub that I ordered on 11/22/21 for $22.50 (dynamic price) is now $25.92 for me:

https://www.logos.com/product/214249/the-story-of-god-bible-commentary-sgbc 

Not a big deal, but why would the price go up?

Mine is exactly the same as yours, but I didn't keep the confirmation email on 11/22/21 so I don't know what my price was. Do you have the email?

Posts 8912
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 4:22 PM

Consider yourself blessed! My dynamic pricing is $393.27 😂😂😂

Check your open prepubs page, it should show the $22.50 you originally preordered it for.  It’s happened to me in the past when I get confused because the product prepup page is showing one price and then when I go to my open Prepubs page it shows the actual price that I originally pre-ordered for. That’s due to some products having a limited prepub discount price and then going up in price a bit because the “introductory” discount is no longer available.

DAL

Posts 607
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2021 6:15 PM

I do have my e-mail from 11/22 showing price of $22.50. My pre-pubs page shows $25.92. It also shows order date of 11/23 not 11/22. Weird.

Posts 30473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2021 6:09 AM

Pam Larson:
I do have my e-mail from 11/22 showing price of $22.50. My pre-pubs page shows $25.92. It also shows order date of 11/23 not 11/22. Weird.

I believe that I have seen something similar before, but in the end it was right. Keep the email and keep track of what you are charged. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS