Maps, biblical and current locations

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 277
ROGER JIMENEZ | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 8 2021 7:18 AM

Hi!

I wonder if there is a map tool in Logos or something else out there that allows you to see the biblical and current locations simultaneously. Thank you.

Posts 831
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2021 10:57 AM

Hi Roger,

You can right click in the Atlas Tool and choose to open the location in Google Maps or Bing Maps. If you have them side by side this might be a suitable solution.

Posts 277
ROGER JIMENEZ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2021 11:01 PM

OMG! 😲🙏

Good one! Thank you, Kevin!

Posts 5870
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 2:15 AM

ROGER JIMENEZ:
Good one! Thank you, Kevin!

There are some, myself included, who will find the acronym that preceded this quote a little discomforting.

Given the nature of the software and the subjects it deals with I would have thought that this was predictable.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 277
ROGER JIMENEZ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2021 10:20 AM

Really? I'm sorry about that, Mike. I don't really speak English, I read a little. I've know of some acronyms like FYI or ASAP, etc. I would like to know why these initials cause discomfort. 😕

Posts 5870
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2021 11:07 AM

ROGER JIMENEZ:

Really? I'm sorry about that, Mike. I don't really speak English, I read a little. I've know of some acronyms like FYI or ASAP, etc. I would like to know why these initials cause discomfort. 😕

That's the problem with acronyms some mean other things in other places. I would think that most English speakers would expand OMG to the expletive 'Oh my God' and the discomfort therefore would have to do with the first commandment.

In fact a friend of mine was a habitual user of both the acronym and the expanded version that I started calling her 'Saint X', when she asked why I told her that it was because she was so often in prayer. She desisted in short order.  :-)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1023
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2021 11:47 AM

People grow up in different cultures from all around the world. I grew up in a culture whereby short pants (shorts) was not worn by grown men.  Well today... so much for that! lol.

But I have always been careful about the acronyms I use as I know some are just flat out offensive. And also...

Matthew 5:37  But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

So... maybe because of my lack of understanding... or because I try not to be offensive to others who I may one day get a chance to teach Jesus too...  I refrain from some thing.

But .... that is my personal choice. And I do not think my personal choice is something I will try to bind on anyone.

Better safe than sorry...  

Just one man's opinion..... which ain't worth a plug nickel!

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 1526
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2021 12:05 PM

Mike Binks:
That's the problem with acronyms some mean other things in other places. I would think that most English speakers would expand OMG to the expletive 'Oh my God' and the discomfort therefore would have to do with the first commandment.

Some of us grew up saying "Oh my goodness" though, to be fair.

Posts 277
ROGER JIMENEZ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 10 2021 1:26 PM

I heard that the Samaritan Woman went at the sixth hour to draw water because, although it was the hottest time of the day, she did not have to face murmuring people. And that Jesus sent all his disciples for food in consideration of her, that she might not be ashamed. I think I learned something.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS