Merry Christmas FL. Now make a Christmas merry for the rest of us! (read the posts and pay attention to the point or DON'T respond at all)

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 9 2021 10:14 AM

Make an oath to discontinue wasting resources publishing racist, anti-"white" CRT/ Liberation theology books. I have no way of knowing FL will not bow down to Great Reset oligarchs. Do not publish books about thing such as "Latinx" voices. Do not publish trash claiming that me, who happens to be melanin deficient, much to my own chagrin, is racist,  or otherwise makes false claims against me simply by my existence. Stop taking money from non-Christian/leftwing sources. Publish all of your dealings so that we can know you are not purchased. However, if you don't do this. It will be fair and necessary to make negative inferences. We've been backstabbed by the entire "evangelical" establishment. 

I'm sorry, I am unable to offer constructive criticism by the standards of FL's own rules, which exclude such criticism. The only way to fix this is to do an immediate 180 in policy, as well as an immediate discontinuation of abusive marketing designed to extract every last penny.

I am deeply worried about the future of FL. the vast majority of Logos users are completely unaware of FL's observable behavior. 

Censoring this post will allow me to make another, very severe, negative inference, so I recommend not doing it. I tried a long time ago to contact important people in FL. unsurprisingly, no one would answer, because $$ and approval by the external, hostile world, is more important than publishing biblical teaching.

Stop partnering with vile racists who demand white people give them all of their property.

God will repay. Do not forget it.

EDIT:
If you can't be bothered to pay attention to the purpose of the thread stay OUT of this thread. Most people here have decided to waste my time, and others have chosen to insult me or make negative insinuations. Upfront take a hike. Don't obfuscate, don't insult me.

Posts 495
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 12:15 PM

I am unable to offer constructive criticism by the standards of FL's own rules, which exclude such criticism.

There's no policy against criticism, especially when it's constructive. Criticize away.

Do not publish books about...

We don't publish books. That is, for almost all of the books we sell, we aren't the publisher. This might sound pedantic, but it's an important distinction: Faithlife doesn't create or sponsor the content for the vast majority of books in our catalog. When we do create content, it's published under Lexham Press. Otherwise, we license books that other publishers have published, and format them for our platform.

Our general stance is to offer everything we can, and let you decide what to buy and use. We are a bookstore, not a church. Please see our full Publishing Philosophy statement.

Censoring this post...

So far, you've given no reason to censor the post. You haven't violated any Community Guidelines. (Except perhaps for the reference to a competitor in your user name; I would respectfully ask you to remove that.) 

I will give this warning, as this topic edges on sensitive territory that might stir strong feelings: 

1. If anyone chooses to participate this discussion, please stay on the topic of Faithlife's publishing practices, and don't allow it to become a debate over any theological or political perspective. 
  2. If anyone makes a personal attack, or is otherwise abusive or uncivil in any way, that post will immediately be deleted.

Thank you for your thoughts, and let's keep it classy. 

Merry Christmas. =)

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 12:34 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

I am unable to offer constructive criticism by the standards of FL's own rules, which exclude such criticism.

There's no policy against criticism, especially when it's constructive. Criticize away.

Do not publish books about...

We don't publish books. That is, for almost all of the books we sell, we aren't the publisher. This might sound pedantic, but it's an important distinction: Faithlife doesn't create or sponsor the content for the vast majority of books in our catalog. When we do create content, it's published under Lexham Press. Otherwise, we license books that other publishers have published, and format them for our platform.

Our general stance is to offer everything we can, and let you decide what to buy and use. We are a bookstore, not a church. Please see our full Publishing Philosophy statement.

Censoring this post...

So far, you've given no reason to censor the post. You haven't violated any Community Guidelines. (Except perhaps for the reference to a competitor in your user name; I would respectfully ask you to remove that.) 

I will give this warning, as this topic edges on sensitive territory that might stir strong feelings: 

1. If anyone chooses to participate this discussion, please stay on the topic of Faithlife's publishing practices, and don't allow it to become a debate over any theological or political perspective. 
  2. If anyone makes a personal attack, or is otherwise abusive or uncivil in any way, that post will immediately be deleted.

Thank you for your thoughts, and let's keep it classy. 

Merry Christmas. =)

You just said I am not permitted to criticize what is the elephant in the room. You just said it's off-limits. I am really struggling to believe there is any hope in the world. The CENTRAL PROBLEM, is what FL denies me the ability to speak about. I cannot comment on what I have observed, since at least February this year. I am sorry. I don't know what to tell you. This policy is obviously designed to protect FL's profits by maintaining "neutrality" when neutrality is a myth. The world is collapsing. anti-Christianity and false substitute Christianity is on the rise, yet you do not permit us to say anythign about it. HOW CAN I TRUST FL? Faithlife is partnering with woke pastors for profit. will you ban my post? ban me off the forum? you deny me ANY assurance. Faithlife must chose. there are two paths. I am not trying to be dramatic. I am angry, and am worried, and I have regret the thousands of dollars I've spent.

In 2018, I worshipped the ground Faithlife stood on (metaphorically).

Cloak and dagger type of discussion will not benefit me. I cannot take it. Where is Faithlife's statement condemning CRT? Where does Faithlife advocate for those who are being murdered by the government. FL is associated with TGC. TGC has continually published racist hatred of white people and conservative Christians who actually subscribe to a meaningful historical orthodoxy.

I am saying this because I am physically POWERLESS to compel any change, to compel any statement. 

FL is slowly taking over the church technology market. What happens in the future when they have ever greater hold upon the church because the church relies on their services?

What happens in the future, when the government, eager to punish orthodox Christianity, excerpts financial pressure on FL?

Adam, has FL protected its employees from mandatory, illegal, unsafe, chemicals being forcibly injected into their bodies? 

Please answer me. 

How SHOULD I behave? It was Faithlife that promoted Liberation Theology and CRT for black history month. The left wants orthodox christians wiped off of the face of the earth.

Faithlife's actions have only caused increasing suspicion and fear in me personally, and amongst others I know and love.

I can only appeal to the conscience of the leadership. The left infects and destroys every insitutition it touches. Anyone who says that TGC, and essentially almost all of the mainstream institutions aren't on the side of satan, those people are fools, or, far far worse than mere fools.

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 12:42 PM

What am I supposed to do?????

How can I trust FL?

I have many reasons to not do so. I absolutely cannot BELIEVE what is happening today in the church.

i have no further security beyond prayer and faith that Christ will preserve his church.

I am banging my head against the wall to no avail at all.

Posts 2682
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 12:51 PM

Chris:
You just said I am not permitted to criticize what is the elephant in the room. You just said it's off-limits. I am really struggling to believe there is any hope in the world. The CENTRAL PROBLEM, is what FL denies me the ability to speak about. I cannot comment on what I have observed, since at least February this year. I am sorry. I don't know what to tell you.

The ONLY authority Faithlife has is to monitor comments is on THE FORUM that is hosted and paid for by Faithlife. If anybody desires to exercise their free speech, that person can create a blog, Create a Website, Publish a Newsletter, Newspaper, or Periodical. That person can rent and put up billboards. That person could even build a TV station or Satellite Network according to Regulatory authority in their location.

When "Chris" claims he has been denied by Faithlife, I Presume he expects Faithlife to provide the ink and paper and is obligated to publish (at their expense) his personal opinions.

A person has a right in some countries to say anything he or she desires, but if that person says those things in my living room, I have the right (obligation?) to say "not in my house!" That person can then choose to comply with my wishes in MY HOUSE, or to be removed from MY HOUSE and he/she can speak his/her mind anywhere else that it may accepted.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 12:55 PM

David Thomas:

Chris:
You just said I am not permitted to criticize what is the elephant in the room. You just said it's off-limits. I am really struggling to believe there is any hope in the world. The CENTRAL PROBLEM, is what FL denies me the ability to speak about. I cannot comment on what I have observed, since at least February this year. I am sorry. I don't know what to tell you.

The ONLY authority Faithlife has is to monitor comments is on THE FORUM that is hosted and paid for by Faithlife. If anybody desires to exercise their free speech, that person can create a blog, Create a Website, Publish a Newsletter, Newspaper, or Periodical. That person can rent and put up billboards. That person could even build a TV station or Satellite Network according to Regulatory authority in their location.

When "Chris" claims he has been denied by Faithlife, I Presume he expects Faithlife to provide the ink and paper and is obligated to publish (at their expense) his personal opinions.

A person has a right in some countries to say anything he or she desires, but if that person says those things in my living room, I have the right (obligation?) to say "not in my house!" That person can then choose to comply with my wishes in MY HOUSE, or to be removed from MY HOUSE and he/she can speak his/her mind anywhere else that it may accepted.

You can assume whatever you like David. I do not give a single penny in credence to private company's "right" to censor. I expect FL to follow a Christian standard of morality.

I will clarify. it has less to do specifically with making woke heresy available on Logos. It has to do with the UNDERLYING motivations. Why do i keep seeing these heretical, racist works being put on Logos? it's not that they are ON Logos. It's that Logos is wasting time and resources on them. Worst of all, promoting or marketing, as if they have any valid insight, is unacceptable.
Faithlife can legally do whatever they like. What you have said is meaningless. It does not matter in the slightest because it misses the point. 
This isn't about censorship.
it is about FL's increasingly obvious desire to durive PROFIT from the political and "religious" Left.

Posts 1182
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 2:04 PM

Chris:

Make an oath to discontinue wasting resources publishing racist, anti-"white" CRT/ Liberation theology books. I have no way of knowing FL will not bow down to Great Reset oligarchs. Do not publish books about thing such as "Latinx" voices. biblical teaching.

I know you're just joking. Like before.

I too like Logos' more international perspective, and different points of view. A very Logos Christmas could very well be in Korean, Spanish ... or take your pick ... Cuban or Mexican and an 'x' to help out.

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 2:59 PM

DMB:

Chris:

Make an oath to discontinue wasting resources publishing racist, anti-"white" CRT/ Liberation theology books. I have no way of knowing FL will not bow down to Great Reset oligarchs. Do not publish books about thing such as "Latinx" voices. biblical teaching.

I know you're just joking. Like before.

I too like Logos' more international perspective, and different points of view. A very Logos Christmas could very well be in Korean, Spanish ... or take your pick ... Cuban or Mexican and an 'x' to help out.

I'm not joking. You falsely insinuate I am racist. I demand you retract such insinuation immediately. You are obfuscating the character of these "perspectives." It's neo-marxism. Standpoint "epistimology."

To claim that people have "special" insight, on account of their ancestral origin, is absolutely REPUGNANT. 

These are not "international" perspectives. They are neo-marxist perspectives, which seek the complete marginalization of certain people groups. 

They demand the subordination and marginalization of people on the basis that they are some how "oppressor groups.

A duck is a duck. 

I have confidence someday, perhaps not in my lifetime, my brothers from the rest of the world will have to rescue us from the present darkness in the west.

My brothers have nothing to learn from neomarxism.

Posts 35595
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 3:01 PM

Chris, I believe the Faithlife catalogue to be too narrow ... too little Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy, too little progressive Christianity, too few gnostic materials,  I want to be able to study widely. While I don't expect to change my position very much, I do want to hold it as an informed Christian. I don't want to slip into bigotry by reading only that that I agree with. I don't want to make a fool of myself by not knowing the meaning of ideas current in our society. I want to be a light to the world by my behavior; I want people to want to talk to me about their views by my listening skills, thinking skills, and gentleness in presenting alternatives. My downfall? I have little interest in any domination that has arisen in the last 300 years or derived from one particular theologian that I find myself unable to actually read (and therefore would make a fool of myself if I were to speak of his theological thread). Faithlife's problem is that they need to appeal to both you and me.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 3:12 PM

MJ. Smith:

Chris, I believe the Faithlife catalogue to be too narrow ... too little Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy, too little progressive Christianity, too few gnostic materials,  I want to be able to study widely. While I don't expect to change my position very much, I do want to hold it as an informed Christian. I don't want to slip into bigotry by reading only that that I agree with. I don't want to make a fool of myself by not knowing the meaning of ideas current in our society. I want to be a light to the world by my behavior; I want people to want to talk to me about their views by my listening skills, thinking skills, and gentleness in presenting alternatives. My downfall? I have little interest in any domination that has arisen in the last 300 years or derived from one particular theologian that I find myself unable to actually read (and therefore would make a fool of myself if I were to speak of his theological thread). Faithlife's problem is that they need to appeal to both you and me.

Once again, you miss the point. We fighting for are very survival. did you not read what I wrote? I said it is not the content on Logos, it is the observable pattern that Logos is courting WOKE MONEY. 

I have no idea what makes you think it's so important to have all of these perspectives. that's fine. put them all in there. You are missing the point entirely. I do not want my property stolen from me, my children taken away into indoctrination camps, I don't want to have my rights taken away because me, my family, are labelled as "oppressors."
Honestly, who do you think you are? 
None of this stuff matters anymore. there are EVIL VIEWS, FALSE TEACHING. Do you no discernment??

Unbelievable the complete LACK of concern. PYSCHOPATHS are running the majority of western countries. it5's our fault. We let them secularize society. Now we are paying the price. 

This has NOTHING to do with availability of books. it has to do with what is said, if you had BOTHERED to pay attentionl, that FL is in league with people who WANT TO HURT ME!!!!!!!!! They want to BRAINWASH children, teaching them to hate their neighbor. 
You have little interest beyond intellectual pursuit. Now, I am probably incorrect in stating that. in fact, it's EXTREMELY likely, that my assessment of you is incorrect.

I am making this assessment to make a point. Only a horrible vile human being would want to reintroduce jim crow. That's EXACTLY what "progressive" "christianity" wants to do.

There is NO SUCH THING AS PROGRESSIVE CHRISTIANITY.

Posts 710
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 3:33 PM

I am a student. Faithlife software is used by students to complete their courses. I need to be able to cite a wide library of books, even if it is to disagree with those books.

Some of the books I own are the Britannica Encyclopedia, the Great Books of the Western World, and the Merriam Webster Dictionary. I don't think the publishers of these books are Christian publishers, and I have no idea what else they publish.

Posts 5927
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 3:35 PM

Chris:
I'm sorry, I am unable to offer constructive criticism by the standards of FL's own rules, which exclude such criticism.

Faithlife's standards do allow you to post reviews of Faithlife products on their respective product display pages.

If there are resources that you have read, watched, or listened to that, in your estimation, deserve negative reviews, nothing whatsoever prevents you from giving them on their PDPs, even in great detail. Likewise, you can give positive reviews to Faithlife products that you have read, watched, or listened to that, in your estimation, deserve positive reviews.

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 3:39 PM

SineNomine:

Chris:
I'm sorry, I am unable to offer constructive criticism by the standards of FL's own rules, which exclude such criticism.

Faithlife's standards do allow you to post reviews of Faithlife products on their respective product display pages.

If there are resources that you have read, watched, or listened to that, in your estimation, deserve negative reviews, nothing whatsoever prevents you from giving them on their PDPs, even in great detail. Likewise, you can give positive reviews to Faithlife products that you have read, watched, or listened to that, in your estimation, deserve positive reviews.

The point of this thread is to tell FL to STOP courting woke money. Not a specific editorial policy. The editorial policy is itself one piece of evidence demonstrating malicious behavior on FL behind the scenes. Please READ the thread. buying a book, giving racists who hate me money, so i can give it a 1 star review is really stupid.

Posts 1419
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 3:57 PM

Chris:
The world is collapsing.

Bro....maybe step away from the internet. Watch a sunset, pray, etc. Volunteer somewhere.....

Posts 710
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 4:25 PM

Chris,

No matter what our brothers in Christ do, they are our SIBLINGS and God is our FATHER. The Father is bigger than any erring child. He is in control. We can trust him.

Maybe sit down with your Logos software and do a topical study of fear or trust?

Maybe go outside and look up. See how big the heavens are. God made that. If the God that made that is the boss, and He is YOUR Daddy, you can trust Him to take care of this for you.

Posts 444
capybara connoisseur | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 4:30 PM

Kathleen Marie:

Chris,

No matter what our brothers in Christ do, they are our SIBLINGS and God is our FATHER. The Father is bigger than any erring child. He is in control. We can trust him.

Maybe sit down with your Logos software and do a topical study of fear or trust?

Maybe go outside and look up. See how big the heavens are. God made that. If the God that made that is the boss, and He is YOUR Daddy, you can trust Him to take care of this for you.

I appreciate your words. I do. 

I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm looking for FL to stop courting woke money. it's as simple as that.

Inasmuch as I may seem hysterical, this is deadly serious. 

Posts 495
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 4:37 PM

I just deleted some name calling and crude comments, from more than one person. Next time, the thread gets locked. Please be kind to each other.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 144
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 5:23 PM

if you could just provide a list of the books you want to burn, that would be great. 

I for one think that Jesus has steered his church through far worse things in the past than anything that faces us today whether it be the excesses of left, right, or centre. 

may we always trust him rather than live In fear of the next big political threat. The Kings heart is like a stream in the Lord’s hand. he turns it wherever he wills. therefore I tell you do not be anxious 

Posts 1917
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 7:15 PM

The accusation that Faithlife supports too many left wing sources sounds like a bad joke to me since it is the exact opposite of my experience.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 1594
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2021 9:03 PM

Yes, where's my heretical academic Mormon Studies collection?! Devil

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/88557.aspx 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS