Bug: MacArthur Study Bible (NASB) Lag Issue

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 26 2010 10:38 AM

See here. Any theories as to why some resources experience lag issues? This is a resource that I use often and the lag is frustrating. Any hope for a fix?

Posts 635
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 11:43 AM

Aaron, I don't have any theories as to why this happens, but it happens to me as well. It does not happen in the NKJV version of the MacArthur study Bible.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:38 PM

Resource lag is usually due to:

1. Visual filters being turned on (including the page number filter).
  2. Long articles in the resource.

You can fix the first yourself, but not the second. Logos are rebuilding some resources so they have shorter articles.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:44 PM

Mark Barnes:

Resource lag is usually due to:

1. Visual filters being turned on (including the page number filter).
  2. Long articles in the resource.

You can fix the first yourself, but not the second. Logos are rebuilding some resources so they have shorter articles.

Interesting though that it is a problem for the MacArthur NASB study notes and not his NKJV study notes.

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 1:47 PM

I was thinking of purchasing a collection of books with the NASB study bible by MacArthur but now I'm not sure.  Is there anyone out there who has this study bible and it is working fine?  Is it an issue only for some computers?

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:39 PM

TimEngwer:

I was thinking of purchasing a collection of books with the NASB study bible by MacArthur but now I'm not sure.  Is there anyone out there who has this study bible and it is working fine?  Is it an issue only for some computers?

I have MacArthurs NASB study bible and it works fine for me. I wouldn't be concerned about getting them, as this seems like a unique problem.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:53 PM

David Gullick:

I have MacArthurs NASB study bible and it works fine for me. I wouldn't be concerned about getting them, as this seems like a unique problem.

I wouldn't be concerned about getting it either. Not sure how unique it is though, as Melissa was experiencing lag issues as well. See her comment here.

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 28 2010 1:32 AM

I just want people to know that I bought the Macarthur NASB study bible and have the same problems with lag when it is open.Tongue Tied

Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 28 2010 5:48 AM

Aaron Sauer:
Not sure how unique it is though, as Melissa was experiencing lag issues as well. See her comment here.

It is usually best to follow-up in the original thread, especially in PC-Beta,  so ask Melissa for some feedback.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS