Personal Book Builder Formatting question

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Taylor Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 26 2010 12:29 PM

This is driving me nuts!

How do I link from one part of my book to another part using page numbers?

I tried something link  "for further discussion, see page [[3|Page:3]]."

The 3 is a link, but when I click on it, it opens page 3 of a different book.  I'm about to scream because of the wonderful documentation that's (not!) available!

Help, please...

Taylor

Posts 9072
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:21 PM

Well,

I'll let you know when I get to work on my PBB.  I own it, but I still haven't used it.  I'm going to buy the training DVD's to learn how to use it.  If you don't have the DVD's I recommend that you buy them.  I'm a visual person and DVD's work better for me than reading a manual.  Anyway, I might order my DVD's this week, so I'll let you know when I master the ins and outs...hehehe...Take care!

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:34 PM

Taylor, it would be a good idea for you to change your display name to something other than your email address for online forums

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 3:41 PM

David Gullick:
good idea for you to change your display name

Here is a web page on the wiki on how to do this.  http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

Posts 7
Taylor Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:04 PM

I've got the DVDs and they mention this in passing, but never demonstrate how to do it... they show how to link to a different book, but never the same book... though they show that it can be done... it's a bit maddening...

T

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:11 PM

Are you using word or are you doing it in HTML. If you're doing it in Word, make an anchor in the part of your text you want to link to and then create a hyperlink within your document to that anchor. Just hit F1 within your version of word and type in anchor or hyperlink for specific info on how to do that. If you can't find it, let me know the version of word you use and one of us could give you more specific info (or go to the wiki link provided).

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 36041
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:13 PM

Are you building the resource initially in Word or in HTML?

Edited: Jacob, we're on the same track ... but your typing or internet is faster Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7
Taylor Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:36 PM

I'm using Word so the formatting looks right... then saving as filtered HTML...

Posts 7
Taylor Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:44 PM

OK... the bookmarks and hyperlinks worked... I didn't know about them... I wish I could do it with PBB tags, but this will have to do... I suppose...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Taylor

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 7:36 AM

Taylor Francis:

OK... the bookmarks and hyperlinks worked... I didn't know about them... I wish I could do it with PBB tags, but this will have to do... I suppose...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Taylor

What do you mean with PBB tags? 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 36041
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:20 AM

Jacob Hantla:
What do you mean with PBB tags? 

http://www.logos.com/media/pbb/tutorial.html

They are how one could mark up the text for links, topics, pages, etc. - items that I tended to bypass because of other limits of PBB's - but I suspect the new PBB to make much more worth the time.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS