On sale - comprehensive first millenia Church history

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 35540
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 13 2021 6:39 PM

Early Christianity in Contexts: An Exploration across Cultures and Continents | Logos Bible Software

This book recognizes the church in the far East ... if you read this, I can quit nagging. Geeked  Zip it!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1371
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2021 6:59 PM

Intriguing. I added it to my wish list and I'll see how my money holds out 👍

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2021 7:42 PM

Looks interesting, however it's inexcusable that an ebook company can't provide a full page of contents:

Posts 1371
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2021 9:07 PM

That seems like an unfortunate trend lately. I’m not interested in a sample that’s only the TOC

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2021 9:49 PM

David Wanat:

That seems like an unfortunate trend lately. I’m not interested in a sample that’s only the TOC

It shows more than that; the problem is that it doesn't show the full TOC.

Lately I'm finding lacking:

• The TOC listed on the product page and not just in the preview.
  • The full TOC not being available in the preview.
  • No mention of the total number of pages in the work--for me that's important in considering its value particularly if it's an academic work.

I used to hop over to Amazon to get some of this info, but nowadays I mostly just don't bother and close the page.

FaithLife is (principally) an ebook company. Their sales website should be top-notch when it comes to showing off their products. It's not.

Posts 35540
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2021 10:21 PM

Continuing the TOC

Err 2
Err 3
Err 4
Err5
Err 6

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2021 10:55 PM

Well, this book covers the area and time I am interested in, could not resist the temptation to buy it for myself. Gift

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS