Request Bultmann's works

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 17 2021 6:20 AM

I would like to see more of Rudolf Bultmann's works in Logos. Can we get more of them?

Posts 35558
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2021 2:10 PM

To be effective, you also need to add this to Roadmap | Faithlife and put the link to that page in this post. It also helps to list specific works.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1917
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2021 4:46 PM

I am hardly an expert on Bultmann, but at least the following should be included:

Keyrgma and Myth: A Theological Debate (An essay by Bultmann about his approach with multiple responses, as well as Bultmann's response to his critics)

History of the Synoptic Tradition

Theology of the New Testament

The Gospel of John: A Commentary

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 1376
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2021 7:34 PM

Christian Alexander:

I would like to see more of Rudolf Bultmann's works in Logos. Can we get more of them?

I would love to see Bultmann in Logos; the very high number of citations in NT works shows his significance; I can but imagine the firestorm that would ensue in the General forum if a number of his works went up on pre-pub.

Posts 35558
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2021 7:45 PM

Sean:
I can but imagine the firestorm that would ensue in the General forum if a number of his works went up on pre-pub.

That sounds like a strong recommendation to me. I believe in always pushing one's own boundaries -- you can't have informed opinions on what you do not know.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS