How to make the Passage/Reference Box wider?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 683
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 17 2021 1:21 PM

Not sure of the terminology - but I find it frustrating how small the box with the Bible reference is below, when there's clearly unused space to the far right of it (between the // and the < >)

Screenshot 2021-12-17 At 21.14.34

In the box above I have 1 Peter 4:10 selected, but the 0 at the end drops off due to lack of space.
Yes I could make the Panel wider, but I have it at exactly the width I want it - and all I want to do is make the reference box wider!

If a book with a longer name is selected, I can't even see the chapter!

Screenshot 2021-12-17 At 21.23.11

Posts 35595
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2021 1:45 PM

This question should probably be under the appropriate software forum so I know if you are talking about the desktop (which I know) or the mobile app (which I don't know). On the desktop, the answer is no, one can't adjust the reference box. Whether or not there is space to the right depends upon the size of the panel - for myself there rarely is.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2021 12:53 AM

Stephen Steele:
In the box above I have 1 Peter 4:10 selected, but the 0 at the end drops off due to lack of space.
Yes I could make the Panel wider, but I have it at exactly the width I want it -

Comparing width in the desktop app, your panel is slightly wider than mine but I have a bigger reference box (for ESV bible with the same icons). My scaling is 100%, but would yours be larger than 100% (in Program Settings), and what is your monitor resolution/scaling?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1969
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2021 7:32 AM

Stephen Steele:
I find it frustrating how small the box with the Bible reference

Stephen Steele:
If a book with a longer name is selected, I can't even see the chapter!

Agree! I think at one time, years ago, I suggested that there be a option to use abbreviated Bible book names in the box.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS